rilokiley.net
 
Welcome Guest: Register | Log in
 
My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist
 
We'll Never Sleep (An After-Midnight Thread)
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IHeartJenny
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4931
Location: four. one. five.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:21 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

So, this is going to be a long one, as I've had a pretty fucked up day and need to vent.

So, the day started off okay...I had a lab due 2nd period that I hadn't touched and I just barely managed to finish like...2 seconds after he called my name to turn it in. It turned out fine, but it was kind of stressful. Especially because even though I've turned in and recieved full credit on ALL of my homework assignments, have taken multiple extra credit opportunities, and get decent grades on all of my labs, I still have a D in the class, because I test horribly and tests are weighted at 50% (WTF?! I'm serioulsy ready to just say "fuck it" cause it's obviously not worth it. This is a regular physics class. In the AP/Honors class, no one has higher than a C. No joke). So then instead of reading the chapters during class, I read my book (Survivor! I'm about half-way done with it, it's really good, if you haven't read it you totally should).
So then for third, the 10th grade Ethnic Lit class that I TA for, there was a sub. I absolutely ADORE the regular teacher, she's amazing and lovely and the best teacher I've ever had and it's her birthday, so she took the day off, which is fine, but not only did I miss her, the kids were kind of taking advantage of the fact that they had time to work on their projects instead of like, reading or whatever, and they were being a pain. And because the sub wasn't very helpful and yelled at anyone who tried to hand me a post-it (I swear, I wanted to mark a page in my book and I couldn't reach them, so I had to ask like 4 different people to hand me the post-its and she would always catch them and be like, "what are you doing?!" and not let them take them), I had to help them find things and deal with them and it was very frustrating, as I was going to take that time to read and they kept distracting me.
Oh! AND! At one point I heard this girl Lorita (I love her name, which is why I mention it) yell at some dude and say "no! It's Heather!" And I look up but no one's looking at me so I just keep reading. Then like a minute later this dude comes up to me and goes, "Uh...Hillary?" And I ignore him, cause that's not my name. And he's like "Hillary?" and I look up and say, "What? What's my name?" and he goes, looking at the floor because now he knows he has to go back and tell Lorita that she's right, "Heather..." "Theeerrre ya go." And then he asked me where the scissors were. This wouldn't normally matter, and it's not like I hated being called Hillary, I have nothing against the name, but it's like, she TOLD him that was not my name so I'm like glksjdlksjfodisjgsfsd....

Okay, so then I had an in-class essay 6th period that I was COMPLETELY unprepared for, and I was going to use lunch to sort my thoughts, but I ended up having to help this other dude with HIS essay and I didn't get to work on mine at all.
5th peroid is pre-calc, and that class is never fun, as the teacher is the MEANEST most HATEFUL vegetarian I have ever met. At one point, she kicked two girls out because they were like, eating an apple or something, and when security didn't show up right away she just took them to the office herself and was gone for like, 20 minutes and didn't tell anyone she was leaving and so...yeah.
So then in my lit class I wrote the world's worst essay. I hate when I don't have enough time to develop my essays, cause then I get all down on myself and that's sad.

So I figured at that point, I needed to take the loooong walk from Balboa Park to my house (Precita and Bryant, so that people who know SF will know just how long this walk is) that I sometimes like to take to make me feel better, but getting off the bus at Balboa, I noticed that the earphones for my iPod were shorting out. They still worked, but they were on their last legs. After having already gone about 20 minutes out of my way, I ended up having to get on a train anyway and I had to do the extra half hour in silence, which sucks. (And now I have to go back to using the standard iPod earphones which aren't in the best shape either.) Whatever, I'm doing the walk tomorrow and Thursday to make up for it, becuase I was really looking forward to that walk.

So theeeen when I got home, my mom was planning to make something that she saw Rachael Ray make for dinner. She did. It was good. My father decided he needed to like, fancy it up.
Okay...sub-rant:
My dad is a chef...or, he was. He started cooking when he was in the Navy--on a submarine--and then he ended up being a chef for about 15 years...more like 20, on and off. He is completely burnt out on cooking, but he's the only one in the house who really knows how...I can make pasta things (primavera, lasagna, mac and cheese, etc) and my mom can make 30 minute meals. That's about it. He's ALWAYS complaining that my mother doesn't cook enough, but when she does, he ALWAYS has to do something else to it. With this one (a pasta-turkey-goulash-y thing) he put it--just HIS serving, mind you--in a pyrex bowl and made it into some kind of casserole...I'm not really sure what he did, but he make a big production of it. My mom came in and told me that she was mad about it, too. So it's not just me being bitchy. It's insulting!
So THEN he didn't even EAT IT! He just let it sit on the stove all night while he got drunk.
My father is:
Bi-Polar
ADD
Diabetic.
He's supposed to be going on meds for ALL of these things, but his doctor told him that he needed to be completely sober for 30 days before he could. No weed, no alcohol, nothing. The 30 days aren't up yet, and even if they were, he's not on the meds yet do it makes no difference.
He was supposed to be sober for 30 days, he drank half a pint of vodka, straight, and he didn't so much as touch the dinner that my mother made for us--except, of course, to insult her by making it "better."

When I went to take my shower, my dad had just showered, and so there was no hot water. That was fine, I had no real problem waiting a while. BUT THEN I saw that sitting on our scale (oh yeah, not to mention right now I'm in a pretty fucked up binge-purge cycle which is obviously not making me very happy) were three rolls of soaking wet toilet paper (still in the plastic). I brought them out to the living room, put them on the coffee table and said to my mother, "deal with him."

Apparently, he had put them in the shower...why? Well, we're still trying to figure that one out.

So now, I'm sitting here complaining about all this nonsense while my father drunkenly sulks around the house like he always does making odd, annoying, shuffle-y noises (you know? The noises people make when they're trying not to annoy you that turn out to be waaay more annoying?) and muttering to himself...about nothing.

I love my mom, I really really do, but I'm really pissed at her when shit like this happens. My father is an alcoholic, but because he's a functioning alcoholic (he only drinks at night, and he doens't drink every day, but he only drinks to get drunk and it is quite often), but she refuses to confront him about it. When I do, I get yelled at and am called disrespectful.
I'm sorry, but respect is something you earn. I don't care if you are my father, you have to earn it, and so far, you've done nothing to show me that you deserve my respect so fuck you.
We've talked about sending him to rehab in the past, but he won't go for it.
He's got this like, tortured writer thing that he's trying to live up to. Except he doesn't write. He can write. He's a good writer. But he never finishes anything, and he's always starting the same story. So he's not a fucking writer. His main dream in life is to write the Great American Novel and then die in his RV moments after finishing, so that when his body is found, they find the manuscript and publish it posthumously. Although what is more likely to happen is that the first person to discover his body will just take the manuscript and claim that they wrote it...that is if it's any good.
(However! Do you remember that movie that Billy Bob Thornton did a while back with Robert DuVall and James Earl Jones? Yeah, well, my dad wrote that movie back when he was driving cab and made the stupid mistake of telling a passanger, who he now believes to have been Billy Bob, and so Billy Bob stole it. I believe this story because I've seen the script, and it's dated and everything. It was written on an old-school typewriter, too, which is pretty cool.)

Ugggh...I'm sure I had other things to say but now I can't remember what they were. So I'll just leave you with this nice, heavy post that taught you TONS about the wonder that is Heather. Inane ramblings galore.

Have a nice Wednesday!

<3

Edit: Oh yeah, this was all happening while I was missing Belle & Sebastian...Which I'm even more bitter about now than ever before. Bad day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ohvelveteen
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 748
Location: Maryland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:07 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Oh, man, Heather, that really sucks. All of it. Sounds like you didn't really have the best day, to put it lightly. And just so you know, I completely agree with you about the respect thing; that's something that's always been a big deal to me. I always make a point to treat everyone with the same amount as respect as they treat me. I don't know if that's unfair, or if it's just me 'sinking to their level' in some cases, but it's just how I've decided to handle things. I do it with my friends, not-so-friends, parents...everyone. So, I actually respect you for all that. Uhh, if that makes sense.

Catie: Ahhhhhh. I'm a junior too. At my lovely over-50%-Jewish school we just finished spring break, rather than having it over Easter, so I visited a couple schools then. I had planned to go on vacation with my bf's family so it wasn't like there were a ton squashed in, though, which was good, although it means that I will have literally three days free all summer because of various camps and vacations and college visits.
Over break I visited: Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin in Maine, and Haverford in Philly. I hated Colby, I liked Bates, Bowdoin's campus was amazing, and I fell in love with Haverford. It's an amazing school. Just, everything about it...I'm not going to get in there. There's no way. None. Even with my dad as a legacy. The thing is, what I've realized in the past couple days is that I can't handle pressure. If there's the slightest bit I just freak and don't know what to do. It's because of the learning/organizational disability shit I have going on, probably. I don't know how to organize or put a structure to anything in my life, which makes it seem much more overwhelming than it should. Meh, but I'm not going to be annoying and rant about that too much. My mother wants me to see a therapist. I have a horrible fear of therapists, and I'm going to do everything I can to get out of it. Also, apparently I signed up for the wrong AP test. OOPS! And I have to figure out if I'm doing the SAT in May (when I won't have enough time to study!) or in June (the week before school ends and I have all my end-of-year school stuff due!). I'm sorry, I'm being whiny, I'll shut up, I swear.
More notes to Catie: Let me know (PM me, if you remember!) how you like the schools after you've visited! Most of those are much...well, better than most of what I'm looking at, but I'd definitely be really interesting in hearing what you thought. I'm going to look at Wesleyan next fall (but mainly because a friend of mine is going), and another friend (but a junior this time) visited Brown already and will do anything she can to get in there. Oh, and we drove around UPenn when we were in Philly - they have a CEREAL restaurant. I ate there. I can't even describe it. Does anyone here live in Philly and know what I'm talking about? You can mix candies and syrups and powders and whatever with tons of different types of cereal. Or oatmeal. IT'S AMAZING. I got this awesome chocolate/espresso/malt thing...ahhhhh. I felt kind of sick afterward but it was worth it. And, um, the campus itself looked pretty nice, too, if you like more urban schools, definitely.

I've had the shittiest sleeping habits since I got back from maine. I have to wake up in five hours. I'm going to go watch another TV show on my laptop and keep knitting those fucking socks...
_________________
I was lying in a burned out basement
With the full moon in my eyes
I was hoping for replacement
When the sun burst through the sky

I bet you can guess where this link goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
L
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:42 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Today is the fourth 'anniversary' of my father's death.
Back to top
catie
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 1686
Location: whispertown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:16 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

ohvelveteen wrote:

More notes to Catie: Let me know (PM me, if you remember!) how you like the schools after you've visited! Most of those are much...well, better than most of what I'm looking at, but I'd definitely be really interesting in hearing what you thought. I'm going to look at Wesleyan next fall (but mainly because a friend of mine is going), and another friend (but a junior this time) visited Brown already and will do anything she can to get in there. Oh, and we drove around UPenn when we were in Philly - they have a CEREAL restaurant. I ate there. I can't even describe it. Does anyone here live in Philly and know what I'm talking about? You can mix candies and syrups and powders and whatever with tons of different types of cereal. Or oatmeal. IT'S AMAZING. I got this awesome chocolate/espresso/malt thing...ahhhhh. I felt kind of sick afterward but it was worth it. And, um, the campus itself looked pretty nice, too, if you like more urban schools, definitely.

I've had the shittiest sleeping habits since I got back from maine. I have to wake up in five hours. I'm going to go watch another TV show on my laptop and keep knitting those fucking socks...

I will definetely let you know what I think of all the schools... I'm planning on keeping a journal of sorts so I keep my own thoughts organized, and I'm happy to share.
That cereal place sounds incredible - I'll have to check it out! Have you ever been to one of those peanut butter and jelly restaurants? There's one in some airport... Detroit, maybe? No... I don't know. (I spend a lot of time in airports. More on this later). Anyway, this place only serves PB&J in pretty much any variety imaginable... it's awesome and delicious.

My sleeping habits are ridiculous, always. I can't ever work anymore until like 11:30 so I end up forcing myself through the important parts of my homework late at night. Then I invaribly oversleep because I hate waking up in the morning.

So, airports - I love them. I travel a lot with this international youth peace organization that I'm really involved with (some international travel, but a whole lot of national travel - there's actually a national meeting this weekend that I'm going to pre-college tour.) I also take trips with school (speech team!) and occasionally my family, and the result of this is that I spend a lot of time in airports.

Most of this travel that is CISV (my international organization) related is done with my best friend Moira, and so we spend a lot of time in airports together. One time in Detroit we were dropped off at the airport around 11 AM for a 7 PM flight. Now, most people absolutely hate airports, but I just adore them. I think I realized this semi-recently - I never really consciously get excited about going to the airport, but I always like it when I'm there.

I think the reason I like airports is similar to why I like cities. There are always people around, there are always people awake. There's just a feeling in airports - I think it's amazing that it's these little buildings that connect thousands of places across the globe. Everyone passing through is either returning from somewhere, or going somewhere, connecting the whole world in one building. You're techincally in a certain location, but there's the knowledge that soon you'll be getting on a plane and traveling to a completely different place - and the knowledge that if you wanted, you could get on a plane and go anywhere.

I even like just sitting on the floor in airports, watching everyone walk by - it's fascinating. Airports are the best for people-watching. Also, everyone there is expected to be sitting and waiting so you can sit and read for hours. There's no expectation to be part of a certain group or to be surrounded by friends - I'm perfectly content to be all alone.

Anyway... I'm bordering on incoherent, and I'm also falling asleep, so I'll quit here... Sorry to ramble on for so long about airports. :wink:

Edit:
L - hugs for you. I never really know what to say here - "I'm sorry" seems insincere. But hugs are always good. So here are some virtual ones.
Heather - I hope you've had a better day today! Hugs to you too.
_________________
get into the car and you aim it at the sun, boy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IHeartJenny
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4931
Location: four. one. five.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:02 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I love airports, too! They have this very distinct feeling that I can't even start to describe, but it's the same feeling that I have whenever I'm in a doctor's office early in the morning...

I had a much better day today, which was nice. And now Love Story is on!!! This movie is so awesomely bad...

"What can you say about a 25-year-old girl that died?"

I can say that that sentence is gramatically incorrect.

"If you're so convinced I'm a loser, why did you bulldoze me into buying you coffee?!"
Her response? "I like your body."

"Are you a dirty player? Would you ever total me?"

"Jenny, I may not call you for a couple of months..."
"Why not?!"
"Then again I may call you as soon as I get back to my room."

UGH! Awesome. I love how people in the 70s couldn't act. Also, at this very moment, Oliver (Ryan O'Neal) just FLIPPED out on Jenny (Ali MacGraw)...art immitating life much?

OH NO! Now she's run away and he can't find her! Whatever will he do?! Ahhhhh!!!!

AH! How could I forget this CLASSIC line????

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

I've decided that they need to remake this movie with Jordana Brewster annnnd....Heath Ledger. Yes.

I've been having this WEIRD pain in my back, lately, where any time I need to like...reach for something, I feel it like...pop and strain? I don't know, I have NO idea how to describe this painness, but it HURTS and it actually scaring me. I need to make myself a doctor's appointment.

Also, this weekend, I think I'm going to talk to my neighbor about getting a job at the restaurant that he manages (that is the proper use of "that") and I'm nerrrvous, because he's already kind of turned me down in the past, but I'm hoping now that he's got some pretty disaterous hires under his belt, I'll be looking a lot better. Any suggestions as to what I should say? How I should approach him, et cetera.

Et cetera is a fun word to write out.

Goodnight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
morbid_much
all-around quality person


Joined: 25 May 2005
Posts: 320
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:57 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

maxticket wrote:

It's not that black and white. Both democrats and republicans have things they do really well, and things they suck at. If only we could stop worrying so much about working against each other and spend half that energy combining strengths... again, I digress.
The worst part about this shit is people won't even let me explain that.

I'm not sure where I was going with this, but, yeah. Just be aware that politics tend not to be simply for or against (or at least they shouldn't be).



Uuugh. I completely know what you're talking about. I am at the point where I hate politics, because I cannot stand all the arguing and name calling. I don't want to discuss it with anyone because it leaves me far too stressed out and I have enough stress as is. And yeah, if people would just work together... sigh. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, because it's almost five AM, and I am uberly stressed out right now.

Tomorrow (or, later today) is Jenny day. This should be making me super happy, but instead I am all stressed out. We finally got the ticket problem sorted out (my dad ordered the tickets online with his credit card, and they are only available as will call, but they would only let the owner of the CC pick them up at will call, so we finally got them to switch it to my mom's CC, who is going) but I am confused about the seating, because at first it said that it was a seated venue, but now I think that it may be in the part of the venue that has very few seats, and mostly standing, which means we have to get there earlier... Also, I am not sure if I can bring my camera, because the venue says no cameras, but Jenny doesn't mind, and maybe they mean no professional cameras, or maybe I'm just wishful thinking. I can probably sneak one in, but the idea makes me feel very guilty even if Jenny doesn't mind cameras.

I'm not sure why this particular concert is stressing me out so much, because I wasn't stressed at all before the Belle and Sebastian show earlier this month... I don't know, the first Rilo Kiley show I went to really freaked me out beforehand, and I kind of had a panic attack the whole way down (2 1/2 hours) in the car, but once I got there I was fine, so hopefully I'll be okay. Also, I have no idea what I'm going to wear, which is a lot more complicated that it sounds because I reeeeeally should have done laundry today. And now it's almost five AM, and I'm not really tired, but am also not really able to pay attention long enough to write this, so I'll stop.

I'm sure the show will be lovely.

ALSO the tickets for the Elected's show on Saturday STILL haven't come. We have to call ticketmaster tomorrow and ask them what the hell their problem is... Grrr!
_________________
Hello, I am Meagan


That secret was a hole in the middle of me that every happy thing fell into
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
-Bulletproof-
all-around quality person


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 193
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:28 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Its 01:00

I'll be getting up for school in like 6 and a half hours.

Today, was a nice day. It was summery. Very Happy yey!
I can't wait for the summer. Exams will be over. High school will be over. Forever Shock .
And on 9 June, me and a huge bunch of friends will be going to Santa Ponsa in Majorca for 2 weeks. I'm so excited for that.
School today was okay. I only went to 2 classes and sat in the common room the rest of the day. And ate a lot of food.
My next door neighbours next door neighbour, so my neighbour, died on tuesday. He was such a nice man. His body was taken to the chapel tonight and I was there. It was really sad. His wife was so upset, I had to stop myself from crying.
I'd say it doesnt take much to set me off right enough.

Anyway, tonight I watched this programme called "The Seven Year Old Surgeon" It was...interesting. He's like 12 now and wants to recieve the noble prize by the time he is 15 for finding a cure for cancer. Yeah, he's real smart.

Anyway, this will be a really boring read so i'm going to go get ready for bed and watch some quizmania.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cat-chaz
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:02 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

L wrote:
Today is the fourth 'anniversary' of my father's death.


i'm very sorry. bad anniversary's are hard. since the day is almost over now i hope it wasn't too bad, and that tomorrow is better.
Back to top
Elapidae on an mf'n plane



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:20 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I'll preface by saying I just listened to my room mate's cat take a leak. Her litter box is in our living room, that's why.

I don't know anyone on here and I doubt anyone on here knows me, I have little to lose by posting here because I think that the chances of being outted are almost non-existent. On the other hand, I'm not sure why I'm posting here, but I feel like a group of like-minded individuals might enjoy hearing about my situation. Or maybe not, maybe my writing is too effusive and maybe I'm too verbose. I must confess I didn't read anyone else's post in its entirety. I do love airports though, and I saw Jenny last night in Towson--I love her. Anyhow, I have difficulty communicating with people in person, but I have this perpetual narrative taking place in my mind, and it needs to occasionally be put into text otherwise I'll lose track of it.

I'm 21 and in college. My room mate, the one with the urinating cat, is also my ex-girlfriend. We broke up in December, on my birthday (boo-hoo, I know). In Feb, we moved into an apartment together. It didn't make sense to either of us to make such an abrupt exit after having lived together for nearly 3 years. As soon as her male friends discovered her newly-divorced status, they leapt on the opportunity to profess their deep-seated love for her. Yuck. Anyway, she thinks they're all creeps, and their unrequited adoration makes her uncomfortable around them. Her parents, divorcing as we speak, are not particularly supportive in all the right emotional dimensions. Basically, she has nothing. Tonight, she went on a date with a lesbian and they snuggled, thank God--I really want her to find something to latch onto. I have my hopes of moving out west and starting myself anew, and I'm comfortable with that. I don't know what she will do when I move out of the apartment in June. She has yet to find a room mate, I found one in a week. And last Friday, I had a one night stand with a 27 year old woman. My ex was happy for me. This is why she's a great room mate.

It's difficult to disentangle yourself from a relationship with someone that relied on you to such a great extent. I relied on her, too, but I can cope by myself, as I did for many, many years before having met her. After she moves out, I will most likely resume the depression that kept me quiet and content for those long years in high school and undergrad. On the menu, I also have law school and I can choose to go as far as 3000 miles from where I currently reside, start my life all over again. I think I could be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catie
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 1686
Location: whispertown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:26 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Elapidae on an mf'n plane wrote:
I have my hopes of moving out west and starting myself anew, and I'm comfortable with that. [...] And last Friday, I had a one night stand with a 27 year old woman. My ex was happy for me. This is why she's a great room mate.


That just reminded me of some RK...
"If you want to find yourself by traveling out west
Or if you want to find somebody else that's better
Go ahead... Go ahead."


Anyway, welcome!

Okay, so!
This was on my car after school:

I think it's pretty much the funniest thing ever. Yet another reason why I love my school. Kind of.

It's been a strange night... I've been procrastinating like crazy. I'm supposed to be packing for spring break, but I really haven't been doing that. I think I'm finally about done, but I'm positive I'm forgetting something. What am I forgetting? I always forget something.

Okay, I'm kind of tired. I just wanted to share that hilarious party invite... On that note,

$$bet ya cant do it lyke me noo$$

**get dis party crunk!**
_________________
get into the car and you aim it at the sun, boy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber


Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:14 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

do you even know this kid?





At work, our radio is a sattlite feed from some corporate hole somewhere. It's the weirdest shit. I hear Jason Mraz everynight. They past couple weeks I've heard "The Boys Are Back in Town" at least once a night. The majority of it is old 70's disco/soul shit or people trying to sound like it. It's the weirdest mix. However, we get some good stuff in there, but it's only mainstreamish stuff (which is fine, I'm just mentioning it to make my point). I hear Death Cab alot. It's usually some song off plans I don't know the name off because I don't like it, or "The sound of Settling" so I dance around a bit and go on with my work. Tonight was the best, though. They played my most favorite Stars song (Elevator Love Song). I'm standing there with a handful of overpriced designer jeans like "oh my god!!" and realizing no one I work with is all that into music and wouldn't know who Stars were, so I just had me a little feak out in the junior section. that's all.
_________________
the music that I want
is cheaper than therapy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
waking in winter
Posting Machine
Posting Machine


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 2075
Location: california

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:23 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

How can you get crunk between the hours of 7-12:30 pm? That's awfully restrictive.

In other news, please call me Miss New Booty from now on, thanks.
_________________
See, I got gone when I got wise
But I can't with certainty say we survived
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber


Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:33 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

waking in winter wrote:
How can you get crunk between the hours of 7-12:30 pm? That's awfully restrictive.

In other news, please call me Miss New Booty from now on, thanks.


Well, Ms. New Booty (please apply for a credit card under the name), 7-12PM gives them about 15.5 hours to get crunk. Not the most restrictive time limit. How much booze does it take you to get drunk if you need 15 and a half hours?
_________________
the music that I want
is cheaper than therapy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
waking in winter
Posting Machine
Posting Machine


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 2075
Location: california

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:40 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

a.m., I meant to type a.m., dammit.

So it's 5.5 hours and you know I can't get my crunk on in less than 5.5 hours. I'm just gettin started about that time.

- Mz. New Booty
_________________
See, I got gone when I got wise
But I can't with certainty say we survived
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber


Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:54 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

oh, while I'm on the subject of work tonight, this girl who I work with who is just about the sweetest, most adorable girl ever was told me I was the nicest girl ever. Never expected that one, did you? I think she meant it more as in me being the most positive person ever because we were already running a 30 minutes past when we are supposed to get out and everyone was bitching about it (including one girl who was lying on the floor looking half dead) and I'm like "we can do it" and "eh, it's not so bad. We'll be out soon."
haha, they clearly do not know the truth.
_________________
the music that I want
is cheaper than therapy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
foxfire's unipine
all-around quality person


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 440
Location: .The Backend of Forever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:28 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Well itss half past midnight, and im sitting here watching awesometown, which owns my life.This is great.It starts off with andy on the right side of a pringle chip on a table.

Andy-"sup chip?just hangin out?Thats cool. I just noticed that you were alone out here.I wouldnt want things to get weird between us but, I'm probaably gonna eat that ass"

*Jorma enters on the left side of the chip*

Jorma- "Whats goin down?"

andy-"nothin, just messing with this chip"

jorma-"well maybe i could get in on some of that chip action."

Andy-"Oh you want in on some of this chip action?"

jorma-"Oh i dont think that this chip knows what its in for."

andy-"Oh i think this chip knows exactly what its in for."

Jorma-"GET READY CHIP, CUZ HERE WE COME."

*jorma and andy go in for the kill on opposite sides of the chip*
*akiva enters in front of the two guys and the chip*

Akiva-"what the fuck are you doing?"



Ummm....I have too much time on my hands.
_________________
. Two minutes of Hate .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
death kiley postal
Posting Machine
Posting Machine


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 2413
Location: berkshires

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:49 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I just talked to Heather on the phone for two hours. We freak out over random things. Whenever we talk, it usually goes on for well over two hours, but she had to eat and break in her roller derby skates and helmet. Haha.

I cannot believe that this is my first post on this thread. Hmm.
_________________
revival.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ohvelveteen
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 748
Location: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:59 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I JUST GOT BACK FROM TED LEO AND IT WAS A LATE SHOW (DOORS AT NINE THIRTY, WTF) SO I'M EXHAUSTED BUT I JUST NEEDED TO SHARE THAT IT WAS AMAZING AND THE OPENER, DUKE SPIRIT, WAS ALSO AMAZING, AND ALSO PEOPLE WHO DON'T DANCE AND LOOK BORED WHEN THEY'RE IN THE FIRST ROW SUCK, AND ALSO THAT MY BOYFRIEND SUCKS FOR WIMPING OUT AND GOING TO THE BACK BECAUSE HIS 'EAR HURT' NEXT TO THE SPEAKER AND LEAVING ME ALL ALONE, AND ALSO THAT I FUCKING WAS FREAKING OUT DURING 'TIMOROUS ME' BECAUSE THAT IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER AND IAN SAID HE COULD SEE ME JUMPING AND BOUNCING AND PUMPING MY FIST FROM THE BACK, WHICH IS KIND OF EMBARASSING.
& i also got the ONLY SET LIST in the entire place because they didn't have it onstage but the sound guy gave it to me on my way out because I LOVE HIM and that's exciting[/b]
_________________
I was lying in a burned out basement
With the full moon in my eyes
I was hoping for replacement
When the sun burst through the sky

I bet you can guess where this link goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber


Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:44 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

To follow ohvelveteen's post, I just got back from Metric (well, like an hour ago) and holy shit, fuck all the Metric nay-sayers. They are the most fun live show I have ever seen. Well, tied with the blow, but they are at a disadvantage because hipster filled crowds are a totally different vibe.
Emily is the most charming person I have ever seen on stage, hands down. no contest. I didn't even get the slightest hint of the I'm-this-charming-because-it's-my-job thing you get alot of the time. Granted, I totally buy into it, but it's nice to be in the prescene of a preformer who you can tell just wants to sing and dance like it's a big fucking party.

I've heard so many people say that you should go to their show even if you're only so-so a fan of the band and I will second this a billion and 2 times. Granted, I was not a so-so fan, I totally love them, but still. If you like the band at all and you like to dance and have fun, it's well worth the $10-12.

Also, I was very impressed with Islands. I wasn't expecting to because I hated Unicorns and someone told me they sounded alike, but they kick ass. They sort of remind me of a better Arcade Fire, but different so don't get in my shit for the comparison.



In other news, I got the second nose bleed I have ever had in my life today. It still freaked me out.
_________________
the music that I want
is cheaper than therapy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gav
Gangsta Mack
Gangsta Mack


Joined: 20 May 2003
Posts: 2540
Location: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:07 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

man, i haven't been online after midnight since the last time i posted here. i'm still very upset with cat-chaz shattering my record for Latest Post here.

So how many people here have actually skipped an entire night of sleep before? i've tried a couple times, but the latest i've made it was about 10:30am. a friend of mine claims he often doesn't sleep at all, but usually because of back problems keeping him awake.

so anyways, my date with the girl (mentioned in the 2nd post of this topic) was this past sunday. Dinner and a Feist show. i think it went great, but then again i'm an idiot and couldn't really read the vibes, so who knows.

this past week i've only been getting about 4-5 hours of sleep each night.. i guess maybe because i'm excited/nervous about everything.
so this afternoon i watched the tape of Fox Sunday (how great was that Ricky Gervais episode of the Simpsons?!) and afterwards kinda crashed.
So I wake up at about 8:30 and i'm happy and surprised i got such a good night's sleep finally. then after a couple minutes, i realize it's still dark out. i'm like, 'hmm.. the sun sure is lazy today.' and then of course it dawned on me (pun!) that it was 8:30 *PM* not am. duh! So now i'm kinda turned around. I can't remember the last time i took a nap.. must be many years ago.
_________________
Rilo Kiley Place - nice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dragonfly
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 604

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:41 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I keep taking naps and then staying up too late. I need some "beauty sleep" and good dreams.

To answer Gav's question, I think I've probably missed a night of sleep before. that used to happen when I was writing a paper, studying for a test, or making manically creating art projects. If I am packing for a trip the next day, I have a terrible time settling down...and I can think of a few Christmas Eves that were just fitful hours of sleepless anticipation.

I know no one is supposed to post in this thread unless it's after midnight, but I've been meaning to ask, don't you think it should only be read after that time too? It doesn't seem fair to expose some of these rambling night-thoughts to the cold, unfeeling light of day (I sound like I'm about to start singing "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera, so I better get some rest.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 4126
Location: Euphoria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:49 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

'After midnight, we're gonna let it hang down.'

Still dark here at 5:47. Seeing Feist and Vandeslice tonight!
_________________
Under cherry flowers none are strangers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
-Bulletproof-
all-around quality person


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 193
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:13 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

It's 01:00amish

More than a million government workers went on strike today due to Tony Blairs plan to raise retirement age. Cleaners, janitors, office staff and the dinner ladies who work in my school were all on strike. The majority of schools closed for the day. At my school no students had to come in except...seniors. Rolling Eyes

So I had to get up early as usual and was a little pissed off because my friend who goes to another high school about 15 minutes away got the day off because her school was closed for the day.
Anyway, the bus was soo empty yet the bus company stupidly sent the usual 2 double deckers to pick up about 10 people. And everyone was on the one bus but the second bus still drove to my school empty.
It was kinda funny seeing the cleaners and janitors protsting outside.
School was so empty and quiet.
First period was modern studies. We're doing "Ethnic Minorities in the USA". I had to write an essay on 'Affirmative Action' and to what extent it has improved the social and economic positions of ethnic minorities. And it was the shitest thing ever because I was like Confused all through it.
2nd period was Maths. But I didn't go to it. Instead I sat in the common room and did pretty much nothing but eat and talk. PSHE was spent in my friends class doing nothing again. And when 4th period came I left. I hadn't done my english essay that was due for in yesterday and I was too tired to face a double period of Human Biology. So instead I bought this lovely red skirt, and some pads, highlighters and different coloured pens and decided I was going to do some hard core studying.
I fell asleep for like 5hours.

I bought Watership Down of ebay. I hadn't seen that film since I was really young. And I really loved it and I remember crying when I was watching it. Also, I found it a little bit disturbing or scary at least. Anyway, it came in today and I watched it tonight and I dunno it just wasn't the same. I kinda wished I hadn't. I prefered my memories of it from watching it as a kid.

On a sunday night I got to bed realllly late because I never got up to realllly late that day. So then when I get in from school i'm really tired so I fall asleep. So then I got to bed really late again because i'm not tired etc etc. It's a vicious cycle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IHeartJenny
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 4931
Location: four. one. five.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:22 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Bump!

So, it's 12:21 am, and I'm in my room watching Home Movies with my mom. It's the episode where they start a band...

FREAKY!

OUTIE!

FREAKY!

OUTIE!

Awesome.

My cat is trying to eat my pizza.

Um...that's all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber


Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:11 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

every night (morning, I guess), a few minutes after one this site will get insanely slow for a ew minutes then be fine.
Observations I have made over spring break.
Goddamnit, I have to go back to school monday. I'm going to need constant reminders that all I have left is april and may. Two months. I can do this, I really can.
_________________
the music that I want
is cheaper than therapy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum