rilokiley.net
 
Welcome Guest: Register | Log in
 
My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist
 
Jenny Lewis 2009 Tour Dates
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
RKnet Forum Index -> Jenny Lewis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 977
Location: Boulder, CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:39 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Wasn't really sure if this deserved it's own topic, but the show last night (6/29) is up for download here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526357

You don't need to be a member or anything to download from this site, and the tapers on it tend to be top notch and have it dialed in. Enjoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emily
all-around quality person


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 357
Location: jfk/mco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

bergenergy wrote:
Emily wrote:
so! tonight's show was dope. some girls up front gave up on the whole 'seated venue' experience and ran toward the stage during handle me with care.. it triggered a chain reaction and almost everyone got up out of their seats and followed suit. dance party ensued, jenny thanked the crowd. a footloose reference was made. epic as fuck!

the afterparty was pretty sweet, johnathan and farmer dave were dj'ing while barbara and danielle hit up the dance floor. jenny was there as well, making shadow puppets behind the "dj station".

kudos to the girls who started the dance party! good times. Rock

was anyone else there, besides me and delia???


holy shit - that sounds as good as it gets


it was pretty sweet, gotta admit. having to sit down at the beginning sucked, but we made up for it.
_________________
"I realize why I cannot fly," said the bird with the broken wing, "Though my lift is gone,
my voice is strong and I can still sing."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Kelley
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1355
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
Wasn't really sure if this deserved it's own topic, but the show last night (6/29) is up for download here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526357

You don't need to be a member or anything to download from this site, and the tapers on it tend to be top notch and have it dialed in. Enjoy.

That's a shorter set than usual. Aw, she cut TMBTLY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

emily and i would like to report that the jacksonville gig was AMAZING. the crowd was so, so hyped and as a result, the band was 100x more into it. the setlist was (slightly?) shortened. no godspeed, black sand or trying my best. i don't think they added anything to compensate. they opened with next messiah, closed with born secular, sweetness all around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bassclari109
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 786

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
Wasn't really sure if this deserved it's own topic, but the show last night (6/29) is up for download here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526357

You don't need to be a member or anything to download from this site, and the tapers on it tend to be top notch and have it dialed in. Enjoy.


boo torrents. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

jacksonville setlist:

1. The Next Messiah
2. The Charging Sky
3. You Are What You Love
4. Rise Up With Fists!!!
5. Pretty Bird
6. Jack Killed Mom
7. Acid Tongue
8. Silver Lining
9. Happy
10. Carpetbaggers
11. Just Like Zeus
12. Handle w/ Care
13. Fernando

14. Big Wave
15. Born Secular
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squirrelnutkin



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Posts: 52
Location: wadsworth, ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:48 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

yeah, that is a shorter list of songs. my show in columbus had all those songs plus a few more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:46 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

squirrelnutkin wrote:
yeah, that is a shorter list of songs. my show in columbus had all those songs plus a few more.


i think she cut all the slower songs. it made for a really dancey set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thephoneisafineinvention
all-around quality person


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 292
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:

i think she cut all the slower songs. it made for a really dancey set.


I've quite a specific question - what kinda tempo has she been playing 'Happy' recently?

I'm hoping she's doing it fairly fast/short version of it.... the last time i saw her she played some massively long 9 minute version of it, which in all honesty I didn't really enjoy-

With you saying dancey set- this mean she played it normal pace?

-sorry for anyone who's keen on the slow happy version
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:28 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

thephoneisafineinvention wrote:
delia wrote:

i think she cut all the slower songs. it made for a really dancey set.


I've quite a specific question - what kinda tempo has she been playing 'Happy' recently?

I'm hoping she's doing it fairly fast/short version of it.... the last time i saw her she played some massively long 9 minute version of it, which in all honesty I didn't really enjoy-

With you saying dancey set- this mean she played it normal pace?

-sorry for anyone who's keen on the slow happy version


i'd say it was the same happy she's been playing? there was a cool guitar jam in there. definitely not 9 minutes long though. pretty bird, silver lining and happy were the slowest parts of the set. sl was sick fun though, especially since the audience got to sing along with blake's guitar part.

oh and born secular of course but the drum duel was kick ass enough to pump it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thephoneisafineinvention
all-around quality person


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 292
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:
i'd say it was the same happy she's been playing? there was a cool guitar jam in there. definitely not 9 minutes long though. pretty bird, silver lining and happy were the slowest parts of the set. sl was sick fun though, especially since the audience got to sing along with blake's guitar part.

oh and born secular of course but the drum duel was kick ass enough to pump it up.


Cool, thanks for that. Maybe i'm being dramatic... it felt 9 minutes. Was very similar in style to the puppet music hall... kinda trippy, stretching all the words out.

anyway- have had a listen to the cat's cradle happy- and it sounds ok.

Thanks for replying.... looking forward to the drum duel. I hope everyone travels over (seeing it in London)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-meels-
all-around quality person


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 458
Location: SCADanavia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:
squirrelnutkin wrote:
yeah, that is a shorter list of songs. my show in columbus had all those songs plus a few more.


i think she cut all the slower songs. it made for a really dancey set.


J.Rice was talking about the setlist after the show and he said that they let Snowball create the setlist for this show because they were bored with the set they had been playing. At the top of the actual setlist it says "snowball's jacksonville" So this could be the reason for the shorter set.

Regardless, the show was absolutely amazing and a great crowd too.
_________________
"Y'all are cockblocking. I'm just trying to hook me a MAN"-Jenny Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mattaway
all-around quality person


Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 174
Location: dallas/athens GA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

her show last night in athens was great. i think i went into cardiac arrest at one point after the show and i'm pretty sure it was because michael fucking stipe pulled up a barstool right next to me and ordered a beer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bassclari109
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 786

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:38 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mattaway wrote:
her show last night in athens was great. i think i went into cardiac arrest at one point after the show and i'm pretty sure it was because michael fucking stipe pulled up a barstool right next to me and ordered a beer


did you talk to him??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattaway
all-around quality person


Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 174
Location: dallas/athens GA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

bassclari109 wrote:
mattaway wrote:
her show last night in athens was great. i think i went into cardiac arrest at one point after the show and i'm pretty sure it was because michael fucking stipe pulled up a barstool right next to me and ordered a beer


did you talk to him??

well my friend next to me goes "uh mc, michael stipe is sitting next to you" and i was about to say "haha fuck off" until i turned and michael stipe was sitting next to me. at this point i went into some sort of paralysis and when i finally thought of something to say (i don't know, a 'hey' would have sufficed) he was already chatting with the rest of the band. sigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mattaway wrote:
and when i finally thought of something to say (i don't know, a 'hey' would have sufficed) he was already chatting with the rest of the band. sigh.

I know exactly what I would have said to him. "Thank you.". I got hit up with REM and The Smiths at the same time. Both bands opened up my mind musically and changed who I was for the better.
_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bassclari109
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 786

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:42 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mattaway wrote:
bassclari109 wrote:
mattaway wrote:
her show last night in athens was great. i think i went into cardiac arrest at one point after the show and i'm pretty sure it was because michael fucking stipe pulled up a barstool right next to me and ordered a beer


did you talk to him??

well my friend next to me goes "uh mc, michael stipe is sitting next to you" and i was about to say "haha fuck off" until i turned and michael stipe was sitting next to me. at this point i went into some sort of paralysis and when i finally thought of something to say (i don't know, a 'hey' would have sufficed) he was already chatting with the rest of the band. sigh.


yeah i understand the paralysis. i imagine horrible scenes for if i were ever to meet Jenny or the rest of the Kiley. i just couldn't do it! so i'm good with just admiring them from afar. but not in a creepy way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekw



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 88
Location: Lumberton, NC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote


Open Youtube Page


Jenny's bass player, Bram has a pretty large bruise on his face. I hope it has a story to go with it.


Last edited by ekw on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

ekw wrote:
Jenny's bass player, Bram has a pretty large bruise on his face. I hope it has a story to go with it.


your youtube isn't working, i think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostinthefog



Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 75
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, U.K

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Got my ticket to see Jenny in London on August 18th Very Happy
_________________
I'm the hero that you hoped you'd be,
but never seems to show up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:07 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:
your youtube isn't working, i think

It works for me.
_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:16 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
your youtube isn't working, i think

It works for me.

she edited Wink it's working for me now too. merci!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:
Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
your youtube isn't working, i think

It works for me.

she edited Wink it's working for me now too. merci!

I realized that shortly after my post, but I was too lazy to edit it. By the way, in how you spell Florida in your location, is that supposed to be Modest Mouse style? It totally reminds me of that song whether it was your intention or not.
_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 523
Location: floridaaa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:03 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
your youtube isn't working, i think

It works for me.

she edited Wink it's working for me now too. merci!

I realized that shortly after my post, but I was too lazy to edit it. By the way, in how you spell Florida in your location, is that supposed to be Modest Mouse style? It totally reminds me of that song whether it was your intention or not.


i never, ever thought anyone would get this but yeah, totally! it's what i was listening to when i finally decided to stop being a bum and add my location
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:55 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

delia wrote:
Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
Built To Post wrote:
delia wrote:
your youtube isn't working, i think

It works for me.

she edited Wink it's working for me now too. merci!

I realized that shortly after my post, but I was too lazy to edit it. By the way, in how you spell Florida in your location, is that supposed to be Modest Mouse style? It totally reminds me of that song whether it was your intention or not.


i never, ever thought anyone would get this but yeah, totally! it's what i was listening to when i finally decided to stop being a bum and add my location

ha ha....awesome!
_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
RKnet Forum Index -> Jenny Lewis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum