rilokiley.net
 
Welcome Guest: Register | Log in
 
My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist
 
new Elected record?
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
RKnet Forum Index -> The Elected Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BadNewsMama
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 561
Location: Bonita, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


Quoted For Truth


Gav wrote:
Apparently Blake was also at the Azure Ray show the other night with Jenny and Bill Murray, and when asked what he was up to these days, said a new Elected album was being recorded. so, nothing official, but it's something.


Unoffically awesome! Still, I hope this isn't another leg puller like Oaxaca was...
_________________
Love is Real
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

This makes me very happy. I'm so totally going to listen to some live Elected right now.
_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cityclass
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 920
Location: toronto area

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

electedelectedelectedelectedelectedelectedelectedelected i am radiating happiness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 9819
Location: the goondocks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

BadNewsMama wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


Quoted For Truth


I've always thought Jenny's the one who gets the people in the door, but Blake's the true artist of the group.
_________________
"Right is right even if no one does it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone does it."
--Rachel Joy Scott

california is a recipe for a black hole
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jonesinforvagtown
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:00 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.
_________________
Visit me at The Walrus Speaks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 3018
Location: Howell, NJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:06 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mojo shivers wrote:
I've always thought Jenny's the one who gets the people in the door, but Blake's the true artist of the group.

_________________
"When God gave us mirrors....he had no idea...."
My Morning Jacket - Librarian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HeallateR
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 740

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

jonesinforvagtown wrote:
This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.

I like these theories


Man, I could really use another Elected record. I'm excited!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyeacknjny
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Posts: 1373
Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

White Collar Boy wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun, to me, is better than any of Jenny's solo stuff. It's such a perfect album.


you said it!

~Nick
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/towncalledluckey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit


Joined: 22 Jun 2003
Posts: 9100
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:43 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.
_________________
My username is apexsensation. But you can call me Jason if you'd like.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 9819
Location: the goondocks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:48 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

apexsensation wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.


I'm like one of the only people I know who thought RFC was only so-so. Actually, I Acid Tongue was a bit of a pleasant surprise at how much better than RFC it is.
_________________
"Right is right even if no one does it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone does it."
--Rachel Joy Scott

california is a recipe for a black hole
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HarvesterOhearts
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 673
Location: South Bend, Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mojo shivers wrote:
apexsensation wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.


I'm like one of the only people I know who thought RFC was only so-so. Actually, I Acid Tongue was a bit of a pleasant surprise at how much better than RFC it is.


Wow, I thought RFC was amazing. I listened to it for like 6 months straight (obsessive, I know). I like some of the Elected's songs but none of them really grab me like Jenny's. To each his own Smile
_________________
I'm Julie. I am the real life Daria. It's a fact I've come to accept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 711
Location: toronto.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:18 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

HarvesterOhearts wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
apexsensation wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.


I'm like one of the only people I know who thought RFC was only so-so. Actually, I Acid Tongue was a bit of a pleasant surprise at how much better than RFC it is.


Wow, I thought RFC was amazing. I listened to it for like 6 months straight (obsessive, I know). I like some of the Elected's songs but none of them really grab me like Jenny's. To each his own Smile

i'm the same. i did like sun, sun, sun a lot (and me first), but RFC seriously changed my life. i know that sounds dramatic, but i stick to it. that album will definitely stay on my all-time favourite list for a long time, if not for the rest of my life.
_________________
music | last.fm | twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 3011
Location: SLC, Utah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:53 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

paramour wrote:
HarvesterOhearts wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
apexsensation wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.


I'm like one of the only people I know who thought RFC was only so-so. Actually, I Acid Tongue was a bit of a pleasant surprise at how much better than RFC it is.


Wow, I thought RFC was amazing. I listened to it for like 6 months straight (obsessive, I know). I like some of the Elected's songs but none of them really grab me like Jenny's. To each his own Smile

i'm the same. i did like sun, sun, sun a lot (and me first), but RFC seriously changed my life. i know that sounds dramatic, but i stick to it. that album will definitely stay on my all-time favourite list for a long time, if not for the rest of my life.


I'd have to agree with paramour and HarvestOhearts....still I LOVE Sun, Sun, Sun and am thrilled that their may be a new elected album soon!!
_________________
happiness is not a fish that you can catch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyeacknjny
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Posts: 1373
Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:32 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

mojo shivers wrote:
apexsensation wrote:
mojo shivers wrote:
Sun, Sun, Sun > Me First > Acid Tongue > Rabbit Fur Coat

Jenny's solo stuff just doesn't compare to The Elected.


I feel similarly, only I like RFC more than AT. And I might put RFC ahead of Me First. In any case, of the four albums, Sun, Sun, Sun comes first.


I'm like one of the only people I know who thought RFC was only so-so. Actually, I Acid Tongue was a bit of a pleasant surprise at how much better than RFC it is.


I'm the same. Aside from 'You Are What You Love' nothing grabbed me as much as stuff on the new record. Elected is still my favorite side project.

~Nick
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/towncalledluckey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CaraB
all-around quality person


Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 217
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhh I just want to gush forever about how much I love Sun, Sun, Sun....seriously, I take it with me everywhere, and no one I know has gotten by without me playing that record for them...it makes frequent occurrences on the psych hospital unit on which I work...it never gets old...

and hallelujah to whoever said Biggest Star is orgasmic...because let's face it, the whole album is way better than sex...
_________________
"I think it may be against the law to torture people, even if you're a movie star and a Republican..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bleedingdark03
all-around quality person


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 222
Location: middletown connecticut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:48 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

jonesinforvagtown wrote:
This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.



lol at the postal service new album. i dont think its gonna happen =/


but seriously, the postal service put out a better album than anything ben gibbard has done with death cab, but ive yet to hear dntel...
_________________
please checkout a kickstarter ive got running until june 5th here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1390123375/breakthrough-frequencies-city-streets-country-road
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonesinforvagtown
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:08 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

bleedingdark03 wrote:
jonesinforvagtown wrote:
This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.


lol at the postal service new album. i dont think its gonna happen =/

but seriously, the postal service put out a better album than anything ben gibbard has done with death cab, but ive yet to hear dntel...


Ben Gibbard did say that it will happen. He also compared the wait for it to the wait for Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy, so it could be quite a wait.
_________________
Visit me at The Walrus Speaks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
White Collar Boy
all-around quality person


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

nyeacknjny wrote:
you said it!

~Nick

I know, right? That ending chord of "Not Going Home" is enough to pull on the heartstrings of the manliest of men, and enough to crush anything Miss Lewis has done outside Rilo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thenewcharming
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 895
Location: nj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:04 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

jonesinforvagtown wrote:
bleedingdark03 wrote:
jonesinforvagtown wrote:
This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.


lol at the postal service new album. i dont think its gonna happen =/

but seriously, the postal service put out a better album than anything ben gibbard has done with death cab, but ive yet to hear dntel...


Ben Gibbard did say that it will happen. He also compared the wait for it to the wait for Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy, so it could be quite a wait.


hmm.. i read that pitchfork article not as ben saying "it will happen eventually" but as "if it happens i'll be the first to be surprised"

but idk? agreed that its better than death cab, not that i think that's particularly hard anymore though..
http://pitchfork.com/article/news/148166-gibbard-postal-service-second-album-prognosis-grim
_________________
Every book is a children's book if the kid can [url=http://www.twitter.com/#!/etsteak]read[/url].
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
White Collar Boy
all-around quality person


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:35 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

I think I like Death Cab's last three albums more than any of their early stuff... oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonesinforvagtown
Cool Kid
Cool Kid


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:19 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

thenewcharming wrote:
jonesinforvagtown wrote:
bleedingdark03 wrote:
jonesinforvagtown wrote:
This plays perfectly into my "The Elected and Postal Service will own 2009" Theory. Which is a prelude to my "Rilo Kiley will own 2010" theory.


lol at the postal service new album. i dont think its gonna happen =/

but seriously, the postal service put out a better album than anything ben gibbard has done with death cab, but ive yet to hear dntel...


Ben Gibbard did say that it will happen. He also compared the wait for it to the wait for Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy, so it could be quite a wait.


hmm.. i read that pitchfork article not as ben saying "it will happen eventually" but as "if it happens i'll be the first to be surprised"

but idk? agreed that its better than death cab, not that i think that's particularly hard anymore though..
http://pitchfork.com/article/news/148166-gibbard-postal-service-second-album-prognosis-grim


Yeah, looking at it again, it seems like he has no interest. Although it's such a load of money to be so dismissive about. Postal Service sold like crazy. You would think Tamborello at least would be all over this.

Not to ascribe crass motives to these artists, but I'm surprised they don't seem to care if they ever make the second record.
_________________
Visit me at The Walrus Speaks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit


Joined: 22 Jun 2003
Posts: 9100
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

White Collar Boy wrote:
I think I like Death Cab's last three albums more than any of their early stuff... oh well.


After listening to all of Death Cab's music last week and this week, I'm realizing I like the early stuff a bit more, but that may be because that's when I came in as a fan. Really, there's not a huge difference between the early albums and the later albums to me, so I really don't think you can go wrong with either.
_________________
My username is apexsensation. But you can call me Jason if you'd like.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nyeacknjny
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Posts: 1373
Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

White Collar Boy wrote:
nyeacknjny wrote:
you said it!

~Nick

I know, right? That ending chord of "Not Going Home" is enough to pull on the heartstrings of the manliest of men, and enough to crush anything Miss Lewis has done outside Rilo.


Yes, along with the 2nd half of Go On.

~Nick
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/towncalledluckey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kelley
Top Poster
Top Poster


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1355
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:03 pm
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Ahhh, Go On. Heart

Me First is still my favorite album released by any of the RK side projects. Love love love it. And I just realized I haven't listened to it in months...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit


Joined: 22 Jun 2003
Posts: 9100
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:41 am
PostPost subject:
Reply with quote

Kelley wrote:
Me First is still my favorite album released by any of the RK side projects. Love love love it. And I just realized I haven't listened to it in months...


Same here. And I'm just as bad. My computer shows that I haven't listened to it since December 15th...of 2007. Apparently that means I went all of 2008 without listening to it.
_________________
My username is apexsensation. But you can call me Jason if you'd like.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
RKnet Forum Index -> The Elected All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum