rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 pm
PostPost subject:

so, the other employees are clearly not scared of losing their jobs then?

-Emily Heart
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm
PostPost subject:

My supervisor sucks. She has basically ruined my day twice today. Umm...yeah. She sucks the big one.
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm
PostPost subject:

I had a O RLY? last two days - literally.

Driving home from SF on Sunday there was a shooting on the freeway and I had to sit in the car for two hours until they reopened it. At one point, the car in front of me pulled foward a few feet, but I could see that there was no real move happening and I had my car turned off. So this person behind me starts honking for me to pull forward those 8 feet! I ignored them.

Then, today, there was a domestic violence standoff between a neighbor and about 20 police right across from our living room window. At one point they told us to evacuate, but then asked to use our place for an observation site. We said that if we had to leave that we couldn't leave them there will all our fraidy cats around. After 5 hours they arrested the guy and he was holding 'prescription meds and at least one knife'.

And we are having a heat wave, soooo....
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm
PostPost subject:

Ach, The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away.

Last week I got that $19,000 from an old pension and today I found out that my daughter didn't get $13,000 in guaranteed college aid by missing a deadline.

Bang Head
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm
PostPost subject:

if one more of my guy friends tell me how "Cute" and "funny" and "awesome" i am and how I will meet a great guy soon, im going to fucking SNAP.

-Emily Heart
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
My supervisor sucks. She has basically ruined my day twice today. Umm...yeah. She sucks the big one.

Oh hey look, this post from August is relevant again today, yay!
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm
PostPost subject:

ive had literally the worst day at work today. I had to go to HR because of this one guy. And well, HR is pretty much taking his side. its AWESOME.

I walked out too. Cant wait for tomorrow...

-Emily Heart
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 am
PostPost subject:

If I hear one more person bitch about having to go to the library downtown because it's so hard to park or there are homeless people there... so help me, I'm gonna punch a motherfucker.

This is downtown Springfield, Illinois we're talking about. Have any of these assholes ever been to an actual city? Fucking yokels.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am
PostPost subject:

Well, i just got fired.

no reason why or anything.

-Emily Heart
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Damn, that sucks, Emily. I hope you find something soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:20 pm
PostPost subject:

Boo, Slicks. That's crappy.

But I have every confidence that you'll find something soon. You're too good at what you do and too good of a person not to find something.

california is a recipe for a black hole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 am
PostPost subject:

in august i was asked to transfer to a new location for my job and become lab manager. It was just me, aaron, and brad (supervisor). In January they fired brad. So it was me and Aaron. Yesterday they fired aaron and i. Aaron worked for the company for about 5 years. His mother has been working there for about 6 (companys maybe 8 years old). Ive been there 2.5 years.

We both asked if we could transfer back to the previous location even with a pay cut. Nope.

I was second highest in seniority out of 6 employees in the lab. They have 2 new employees working in the lab that dont even know the basics.

They have since asked someone, my backup person for when i would take days off, to do both Aaron and my job on a daily basis. He declined.

-Emily Heart
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm
PostPost subject:

That's beyond crazy - and it's obviously a company in trouble.

It sucks for you now, but you will probably be better off with a new job. You seem to have mad skills when it comes to chemistry.

Good luck, Emily!
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 pm
PostPost subject:

i do, but most jobs in my field pay at around $12/hour (minimum wage is $10.25 here in ontario..), so this would be a huge pay cut for. So we shall see. I get unemployment though, so that will be good. I think I could get the maximum, or close to it, which is $501 a week.

-Emily Heart
Fluid Floyd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:09 pm
PostPost subject:

My normal outlook is usually cool, calm and collected . . . usually...

But there are those times that drive us to the brink...

Supposed to get a little discount on plugging into the mindless television wasteland through the worldwide megacorp(se) for whom I daily toil. Decided to rot my mind and apply. HA! Have called the number supplied and been treated to and endless stream of the rude and clueless. Every single time I have to give up and wait a day or two and try again. WTF?
!?!?

Finally, saw a little "contact us" box on their website. Not an email address but a tiny little box hidden in the corner. Surprise, surprise; a manager actually contacted me! (oh, yeah, had asked to speak with a manager on one useless call to the service center and was told there were none available. Lame!)

Anyway, she apologized and verified that, "Yes," I am qualified for the funky discount . . . BUT (and a big butt it is) I still have to call the damned number I've been calling for the last week! She couldn't just take care of it??? Oh, no, she's to busy managing the people I'm supposed to call.

ANNNND . . . she's in Oklahoma and the call center is in Detroit. But, looked up her name in the company directory and her boss's and his boss's and I'm going to email them . . . on up to the Scrooge of our company CEO.

Proof that world will no end with a bang but a sad little whimper (while sitting on hold being told how important our call is over and over and over...)

How's that for a rant. And I'm holding back . . . a lot.

#%^&*!!!
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:08 pm
PostPost subject:

Holy Jesus - bergenergy went mano-a-mano in the JCC steamroom!

Because Rosalie does child care at our uber-swanky JCC, we get a discount membership. I like to sauna and steam.

There is a sensor in the steam room that controls how hot it gets and sometimes people cover it with wet paper so that the steam doesn't turn off. I have done it myself, but have come to dislike the practice where someone comes in and covers it without asking the others in the room whether they mind.

So there have been a couple of times where I danced around a confrontation over this issue. Well tonight, after a really long day in traffic (going up to see my mom on my sister's birthday) in which I witnessed many arrogant a-holes driving like no one else existed, this young dude slaps a cover on the sensor without asking me first and I get up a throw it off.

The steam was building up very strongly and it seemed like it was over, especially as another guy came in and was choking on hot hot it was. But after a few minutes, the dude says 'OK and walks out. Again, I think it's over. But NOOO!

He walks back in and slaps another cover over the sensor - so I jump up and throw it off again. I say, 'you have to ask first,' and he says, 'no I don't.' Again I say 'yes you do' and then walk out.

So I go to the sauna - not sure if I am going to see him again. Then, walking back to my locker I do see him and kind of want to clear the air. So I give him a conciliatory nod and repeat that he should ask. He says I disrespected him by throwing it down and I say he was disrespectful by not asking in the first place. Again I walked away while he called me an old man.

I can see how I over-reacted, but ....
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 pm
PostPost subject:

Ahh....a steam room etiquette battle. We all can relate to that...haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:36 am
PostPost subject:

I've never actually used a steam room or sauna before. I can't even recall if I've ever been to a place that had one. I'm sure I have, but I was probably just averse to it that it never crossed my mind to use it.

I'm very skittish about being anywhere that's overly hot. Even spas and jacuzzis bother me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:26 pm
PostPost subject:

This 5 day weekend is certainly off to a shitty start. $800 in brake work to be done, and no car for two days. Fuck.
cityclass
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm
PostPost subject:

I like working in a coworking lab space well enough but when my partner asks for my opinion on his word choice (for our joint doc, fair enough, but--) every fifteen minutes, I can't even. Not every little thing between partners needs to be a partnered decision.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 am
PostPost subject:

The gal in my department with whom I shared responsibilities was let go today. However, she knew that she was going to be let go a week or two ago and opted to tell my manager not to inform the team "because she didn't want to be there when people found out." It sucked, sure. But that left the rest of in a lurch, having to cover for someone we didn't know was just going to be gone for good. Instead of having time to re-learn some of her responsibilities while she was here to ask questions, I had to spend all day trying to remember how to do all these processes I haven't done in months.

Yes, hers is still the worse end of the stuck, but I don't think I'm wrong in thinking it's kind of selfish to make management scramble at the last second for coverage simply because you're embarrassed about being let go.

And I guess I'd be more understanding if I thought in any way the move was unwarranted. However, the plain fact was she was a sub-par worker. I basically work in a department that was meant to have 8 people in it. We lost one last year to a lateral movement to another department, and were later told she wasn't going to be replaced in the headcount. Then we were at 7 for awhile before we lost our supervisor, who started the department, to a promotion. She was the only person who knew how to do all aspects of the department competently and efficiently. They replaced her with a manager, who while having more power to get things done bureaucratically and office politics wise, is having to learn all the processes we do basically from scratch. That left the 6 of us and a manager who's in the midst of being brought up to speed.

The worker they let go was hard to cross-train across all aspects of the business, was prone to analysis paralysis in the aspects she did know, and was seemingly deathly afraid of making mistakes it slowed her production to ridiculously low levels. Whereas most of us double-checked our work, she would often quadruple-check each and everything even while most of us remarked she was basically right the first time. I just don't think she had enough trust in her competency from the get-go.

So now that leaves five people who can do the job, one who can do it eventually, for a department that was meant to have eight people spread throughout it. It's going to suck for the next few weeks until they find a replacement. Even then it's going to be another few weeks till she's trained enough to take some of the pressure off the rest of us.

Hopefully, it's like my manager said, it'll be an addition by subtraction. Hopefully it's better to dump the person who was always going to be stuck at the level of assistance she was at now for someone who has the capability to learn, adapt, and assist as needed like the rest of us have had to do for some time now.

mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:16 pm
PostPost subject:

And now somebody else from our group is transferring departments. Sigh.

Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:13 pm
PostPost subject:

Damn. Good luck, Mojo.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
Damn. Good luck, Mojo.

All this does is make me want to move more, especially with Scotch going away for graduate school after next year. California has less and less pull for me than it's ever had.

mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:53 pm
PostPost subject:

And now to top everything else all of I was just in a car accident. My car's not drivable. I hate everything right now.

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53
Jump to: