rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 am
PostPost subject:

My neighbor's car alarm is going off, and I'm considering taking a crow bar outside. The irritation is multiplied because it's one of those alarms that goes "beep beep beep beep beep." (long pause) "Beep beep beep beep beep." Every time the long pause happens I think it has stopped, But nope, it just starts again. Car alarms are a joke.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 am
PostPost subject:

im annoyed.

you give someone an inch, they expect a mile. This guy likes me. I have told him im not interested. He FINALLY left me alone, then tonight after work he sent a text. Fine, whatever, I responded. IT HASNT STOPPED. and hes the kind of person that sends text ater text after text. i dont even respond and theres another text. like this isnt facebook chat or msn, its kind of annoying to have to pick up my phone every 2 seconds because you text. Just put it all on one line fuck. so i called him out on it. (the times are in brackets)
him: fuck (1:49)
him: k you kinda know me lol (1:50)
him: i want a coffee (1:54)
him: ! (1:54)
me: dont (1:54)
him: i know i know lol (1:55)
him: come watch a movie (1:55)
me: no. K, not to sound like a total bitch right now, buttttt can you try to send your texts as one message? because its kind of annoying lol (1:56)

him:yea k ill think of all my ideas throought the day and send tem as one long 7 page messege. my bad sorry em didnt realize i was being annoying dont fret though im going to bed now i wont be a bother anymore. just a tip while im at it just cause you add 'lol' at the end of a text doesnt make it ant less insulting (2:02)
me:no its when you send 3 messages in a row (2:03)
me: like this (2:03)
me: its frustrating (2:03)

this being the same guy that texts me all the time "hey so whats up" and ill be at work, busy, so i dont respond...15 minutes later "what should i eat?"....no respond, again, im WORKING, "i just had chicken!" and when i finally get 2 seconds to check my messages, i have like 5 missed texts, all him, of course, so i respond to one quickly, its like a flood of text responses.

Also, if i dont respond right away, ill get a "?"

I know its a stupid reason to be mad but fuck man, use fucking proper text ettiquette. this isnt an instant chat.

Also, just because youre not busy, doesnt mean im not.

edit: i think im just annoyed with this guy more in general. This is the guy that snapped on me because when i told him i was busy READING and wasnt going into in depth conversation. and when i called him out on it, saying how he expects me to drop everything im doing to talk about what i had for dinner, its annoying as fuck.

sorry. /rant.,

-Emily Heart
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:49 am
PostPost subject:

okay maybe not the end.

im just sick of selfish people. this is the same guy that gets annoyed that i dont go back home so often. people just need to realize that its expensive. Do you really think i want to spend my friday afternoon after working 40+ hours (ususally around 47) driving 5-6 hours? to do what? i really then only have Saturday to do things, and I usually only want to see mama because shes still not doing that well because of her accident. Oh, and did I mention how much money it costs? Yeah, Because I usually need to fill up 4 times in a weekend. It costs about $50 a tank. So $200 a weekend on gas, alone. And then I get home on a Sunday night, didnt have time to do laundry or grocery shop and then my apartments a mess.

these are the same people that expect me to just up and move back. I'm sorry, I had to move down south because there were NO JOBS. Im not going to just put my fucking career/life on hold because it bums you out that i moved. Not like we even hung out a lot either. so fuck you.

I think all the stress at work has gotten to me. I'm cranky.

-Emily Heart
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 am
PostPost subject:

I think you're totally in the right here. If I were getting those texts from that guy, I think I would be ready to kill him in cold blood. I would drive home for the weekend so I could murder him.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 pm
PostPost subject:

he just started texting. apparently im "super fucking rude" and he never texts me when im at work. which is BULLSHIT.

"ok there's probably like 3 whatever im not playing this retarded game feel free to shoot me a text when you done taking out all of your lifes problems on me"

this is the same guy when he tried convincing me to date him, said he was mature.

im perfectly fine cutting ties. Too much drama right now.

edit:
him: and while youre are it, go through all your texts and read the ones you sent and imagine you were getting them
me: likewise, i dont fucking care that you had toast for breakfast. hows that for super fucking rude?

-Emily Heart
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Wow, Emily. That guy sounds like he has the maturity and ettiquette of a 14 year old. Run away!
v-rinny
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm
PostPost subject:

I agree, Emily, get away, fast.

am I asleep or awake?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NikiGunn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 am
PostPost subject:

neverending wrote:

him: and while youre are it, go through all your texts and read the ones you sent and imagine you were getting them
me: likewise, i dont fucking care that you had toast for breakfast. hows that for super fucking rude?

I'd rather get your texts than his, if this is a representative sample. (I loved that response.)
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 am
PostPost subject:

ohh trus me.. while im at work it would be like

him: im hungry (2:00)
him: what should i eat? (2:05)
him: i think ill make kraft dinner!! (2:10)
him: mmm that was so good (2:37)

edit: he deleted me off facebook and twitter. meh.

-Emily Heart
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm
PostPost subject:

My landlord is a fucking dipshit.

A couple of months ago, she stopped by (without giving me notice, I might add) to check on my carbon monoxide detector. I work from home, and i was in the middle of work at the time, but I was nice and let her come in anyway. She asked if there were any other issues in the apartment she should be aware of, and I told her there is some water damange out on my porch (to which she replied that the previous tenant had kept a fucking turtle aquarium out there, and told me to avoid walking on that section of the deck). She didn't do anything about the water damage, because she's a lazy fuck, and since it wasn't causing any imminent problems for me, I've ignored it since then.

Flash forward to this morning, she knocks on my door at 9am. I was in the middle of working, so I didn't answer. Keep in mind the walls are paper thin here, so I'm sure she could hear me working (I was on a conference call, so she had to have heard me talking). She proceeded to immediately call my cell phone, which I also didn't answer (again, because I was WORKING! And she KNOWS I work from home). She left a voicemail saying my deck is now leaking into the apartment below mine, and that she needed to come check it out. I listened to the voicemail and figured i'd call her back after work.

Then, at 3 oclock, she came back and knocked AGAIN! And I didn't answer, because I was on a call for work, again. She then proceeded to LET HERSELF IN. I put the phone on mute, and said "I'm in the middle of working, you need to leave." She looked shocked and taken aback (I should also mention that I was in my pajamas) and said "Can we just go to the deck?" and I said "No, you cannot. I'm in the middle of working, and i'm on a phone call for work right now. I'm working." Then she looked like a deer caught in the headlights and asked if she could come back on monday, and i said okay.

I'm just so fucking pissed...I'm pretty sure it's illegal to walk in on a tenant like that without written notice...what if I would have been in the shower, or lounging around naked? Ugh, it's just so god damned annoying.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:24 pm
PostPost subject:

Wow...that does seem like it should be some sort of illegal entry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:46 pm
PostPost subject:

I am sickened, angered, and sorrowed. I read detailed accounts of how former Penn State football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky molested and had sex with boys who weren't even in their teens.

There has been a pit in my stomach since I read it hours ago, and I hate that there is no way he will punished enough to make up for the damage that he did.

He should be beaten, tortured, and slowly bled to death, but that will never undo the lives that he has ruined.

I don't understand it and I can't stop thinking about it. I can't put into words my feelings other than my first sentence.

I am sickened, angered, and sorrowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
I am sickened, angered, and sorrowed. I read detailed accounts of how former Penn State football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky molested and had sex with boys who weren't even in their teens.

There has been a pit in my stomach since I read it hours ago, and I hate that there is no way he will punished enough to make up for the damage that he did.

He should be beaten, tortured, and slowly bled to death, but that will never undo the lives that he has ruined.

I don't understand it and I can't stop thinking about it. I can't put into words my feelings other than my first sentence.

I am sickened, angered, and sorrowed.

I read about that a little while ago myself. What disturbed me the most was how Penn State officials, including Joe Paterno himself, turned a blind eye to what was going on. Some people just passed the allegations (or in one case a witness account) up the ladder and considered themselves absolved of any responsibility. How does no one go straight to the cops with this? How do so many people fail as human beings at once? Absolutely disgusting situation.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:57 pm
PostPost subject:

The lack of humanity is totally disgusting. I don't think I can ever watch Penn State football the same way again.
thegirlinthesong
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:02 am
PostPost subject:

So I'm just a little pissed off. Just a little.

I have this friend from high school, Kate. We did show choir and theatre together all through school, but didn't really become too good of friends until after she'd graduated. Then we started going to a few concerts together and usually I'd go and stay with her for a night or two at her place downtown when I was home from college, and since I moved back in with my parents we've been hanging out a lot.

The thing is, most of the time we do have fun. She always wants to do really cool things like go to shows and festivals and great bars, and I get along pretty well with her other friends. The thing that's pissing me off is how negative she can be, especially lately. We went out for sushi on Tuesday and it was literally five minutes before she said anything that wasn't a complaint about how tired she was or something she was annoyed by. And when we were out after a concert on Saturday night with a friend of mine from work, she just sat there silent and sullen because she had apparently made plans to go back to the suburbs and hang out with this guy she's been dating (who, again, she basically does nothing but complain about) so I had to leave before 10pm on a Saturday night, which I'm almost never able to get off of work. Like, I probably would have considered ignoring her and sticking around if I hadn't felt bad that she was being rude to my other friend.

And she's actually one of the only people around here who a) I can actually kind of stand to hang out with and b) is willing to make some effort to make plans with me, even with my super inconvenient work hours. Which I think is part of the problem because I practically never hang out with anyone else so all the things that rub me the wrong way about her are just starting to drive me CRAZY.

Okay. I honestly just, like, needed to have that out there. Writing it down so it exists somewhere outside my head is gonna make me way less likely to snap at her.

... Toast .
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm
PostPost subject:

update on that texting guy, woke up to this text:

:So i was just thinking how really in the long haul this is all kind of my fault..you warned me and i didnt listen...you were right you are kind of a horrible person..but hey! at least you know it. Not that i know you at all but in my opinion i think you your kinda just sad and lonely and that may contribute to a lot of your "im better" mindset..dont get me wrong i have my set of problems too but i dont pour them all on the rest of the world. And its not even that i just dont like you like that aymore i kinda just dont like you as a person there are plent of things i can go into detail about but really dont care all that much so clearly (if you already didnt catch it) this is probably going to be my last text so feel free to lose my number but lets walk away from this without learning something i personally learned that a lot of people (yes this includes you) are wo faced and dont actually say what they mean they say what they think people want to hear so good luck emily hopefuly you leanred something too i did did, again lose my #"

longest text.

-Emily Heart
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:44 pm
PostPost subject:

Ha ha...no way that is the last text he sends.
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Oh my god--what a dumbass.
v-rinny
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:22 pm
PostPost subject:

...seriously??

am I asleep or awake?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:20 am
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
The lack of humanity is totally disgusting. I don't think I can ever watch Penn State football the same way again.

The Board Of Trustees fired Joe Paterno tonight, and the students rioted. Rioted because a guy who covered up the acts of a pedophile was fired. What. The. Fuck. I am as rabid a college football fan as they come, but the rationalizations going on right now in Happy Valley (oh irony) are staggeringly stupid. I'm embarrassed as a college football fan that people would behave in this way over a coach/football program. I don't know if I can even wrap my mind around the depth of how bad this entire episode is.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 pm
PostPost subject:

so apparently i dont have any short term disability, and i dont have any vacation time for this year remaining. So i was told i could possibly try to get my vacation money for next year approved. kind of bullshit.

-Emily Heart
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm
PostPost subject:

I have been working alternating Fridays and Saturdays since I started at the library two-and-a-half years ago. Starting this month, they changed it so I am on a four week rotation (like everyone else) so I basically only have to work one Saturday per month. This should be great, right? And it is, in principle, except that I'm the person in my four week rotation who gets totally fucked because it puts me on on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, and the Saturday right around Christmas every fucking year. I tried to talk my way into getting a different spot in the rotation, but there are "very good reasons" why the other three people need to be the ones on the weekends they're on. Motherfucking fuck. This makes me so mad. Yet another reason I need to find a new job ASAP.
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 pm
PostPost subject:

I am mad at myself. I drank a shitload of Franzia last night, the world's shittiest wine, and now I have a slight hangover. I have the day off work because I'm working tomorrow, Saturday (Heather, I also work one Saturday a month, but I get to choose which one. That is complete bull shit that you are the one to work after all of the holidays. You'd think they'd try to split them up, that's ridiculous).
I am wasting my day off. I slept until 9:45, it is now 11 and all I have done today is lay on the couch and watch Maury, which is making me hate the human race.
I also had two separate arguments with my boyfriend yesterday about political issues.
Blaaaaaaaaah.
v-rinny
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 pm
PostPost subject:

Oh god, Franzia was MY WORLD for a year in college. Some friends and I would play drinking games with it and I had NO problem chugging it. Plus I had next to no hangovers with it. I tried it a year later and gagged...that crap is nasty! Never going near it again!

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, Carrie. I hate when I waste days off, too...when I'm sitting around, I think "I'm so tired, I deserve to relax" and at 6 PM (which always quickly comes on vegging out days), I'm thinking "WTF I did nothing today!"

am I asleep or awake?
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:44 pm
PostPost subject:

I just found out that the administration at my daughters university used pepper spray to attack an Occupy camp on the quad. They sent us parents a completely pathetic email justifying the behavior. So I sent this response back.

To UC Davis Administration:

As the parent of a UC Davis freshman, I was stupified and disgusted when I learned that pepper spray was used against the demonstrators.

This email you sent uses the word 'safety' no less than five times and it is obvious that repeating this hot-button phrase is an cheap ploy for those who want to justify the use of excessive force. Whatever real threat to campus safety that these protests engendered is dwarfed by the damage that the adminsistration has caused by their violent response

Was there really no other option as you stated? I don't think so, and I find that statement reflective of a creatively bereft and bankrupt mindset. The choice to use pepper spray was an authoritarian and reactionary policy which utterly undermines whatever good will there may have been in creating a dialogue on the issues related to the protest, such as the administration claims to want to provide.

The administration justifications that there were non-campus members involved with the demonstrators and that university resources are stretched thin have virtuallv no significance in the larger sense and are another smoke screen used to rationalize the indefensible. UC Davis students are perfectly capable of working with non-students and do not need protection as if they were in grade school. Campus police surely can not be so overburdened by their normal duties that monitoring the quad is asking more than they can accomplish.

Ms. Katehi claims she was saddened by these events, which scurrilously attempts to make the administration appear to be the victim in this action instead of the perpetrator. These demonstrators are engaging in civil disobedience and can expect to be arrested, as many of their parents did during the civil rights and anti-war demonstrations. But as in those earlier demonstrations, the use of excessive force by the authorities only polarizes and hardens attitudes. The use of pepper spray and can never be justified as a necessary or constructive reponse to these protests.

The hypocrisy of Baby Boomer parents lowering the boom on their children for doing what they had done themselves in the quest for social justice is very, very discouraging.

Thank you for reading this,

Dan Bergen
Palo Alto, CA

For those interested, here is the email they sent us:

To UC Davis Campus Community,

I am writing to tell you about events that occurred Friday afternoon at UC Davis relating to a group of protestors who chose to set up an encampment on the quad Thursday as part of a week of peaceful demonstrations on our campus that coincided with many other occupy movements at universities throughout the country.

The group did not respond to requests from administration and campus police to comply with campus rules that exist to protect the health and safety of our campus community. The group was informed in writing this morning that the encampment violated regulations designed to protect the health and safety of students, staff and faculty. The group was further informed that if they did not dismantle the encampment, it would have to be removed.

Following our requests, several of the group chose to dismantle their tents this afternoon and we are grateful for their actions. However a number of protestors refused our warning, offering us no option but to ask the police to assist in their removal. We are saddened to report that during this activity, 10 protestors were arrested and pepper spray was used. We will be reviewing the details of the incident.

We appreciate and strongly defend the rights of all our students, faculty and staff to robust and respectful dialogue as a fundamental tenet of our great academic institution. At the same time, we have a responsibility to our entire campus community, including the parents who have entrusted their students to us, to ensure that all can live, learn and work in a safe and secure environment. We were aware that some of those involved in the recent demonstrations on campus were not members of the UC Davis community and this required us to be even more vigilant about the safety of our students, faculty and staff. We take this responsibility very seriously.

While we have appreciated the peaceful and respectful tone of the demonstrations during the week, the encampment raised serious health and safety concerns, and the resources required to supervise this encampment could not be sustained, especially in these very tight economic times when our resources must support our core academic mission.
We deeply regret that many of the protestors today chose not to work with our campus staff and police to remove the encampment as requested. We are even more saddened by the events that subsequently transpired to facilitate their removal.

We appreciate the substantive dialogue the students have begun here on campus as part of this week’s activities, and we want to offer appropriate opportunities to express opinions, advance the discussion and suggest solutions as part of the time-honored university tradition. We invite our entire campus community to consider the topics related to the occupy movement you would like to discuss and we pledge to work with you to develop a series of discussion forums throughout our campus.

I ask all members of the campus community for their support in ensuring a safe environment for all members of our campus community. We hope you will actively support us in accomplishing this objective.
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53
Jump to: