rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letsfeelinfinite
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:26 am
PostPost subject: Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

I just made a post in the sad thread that I realized was more anger. Sure, the anger created sadness, but sometimes when you're on, you're really fucking on.

So I figured we needed an anger thread in accordance with our happy/sad threads and I made it.

This isn't meant to spur more arguments or heated debates, it's simply a way to say why you're angry today in as little or as much detail as you want.

Last edited by letsfeelinfinite on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:34 am
PostPost subject:

Oh my jesus fucking christ. I was just thinking about how the "sad" and "happy" threads don't really give me much of a chance to vent, seeing as my emotions tend to run more towards anger and irritation. You must be psychic!
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:37 am
PostPost subject:

I think between these three threads we've got the many faces of RK.net covered.

----

I'm angry at myself mostly. I was kind of a dumbass for Memorial Day weekend. I went out with my friend to San Diego and I had a great time, but I still catch myself bad-mouthing her or, worse, looking down on her because she is so unfocused. She's not stupid, but she is rather hedonistic--always out for a good time. I'm angry because I look it as a flaw, as if her lack of seriousness makes her a worse person than I am. I totally spent the week before the trip telling everyone I didn't want to go because all it would be is drinking from bar to bar, fooling around back at the hotel room, seeing a couple of games, and then repeating the next day.

Then I go on the trip and have a fun (if meaningless) time.

And now what do I do, tell everyone how much I regret going because all I got was hungover and feel like shit for fooling around with her when I know I'll never be serious about her or her about me, which is what I'm looking for.

I mean--what kind of person does that? What kind of friend does that? Talk trash about a person when you're not with them simply because they haven't given up the idea that having fun is your birthright and hasn't settled down yet? Do I really want her to be a strait-laced, button-down business woman? Of course not.

I think I'm just angry because I know I take an elitist attitude towards her when she's never done that to me. And I think I'm angry because she's still at the stage in her life where she doesn't haven't to take responsibility for much and she doesn't have to give two shits about anything if she doesn't want to. I'm kind of jealous of that fact and that's why I'm so down on her when she's not around.

I've always had this attitude that she's this great person to be around, but I always regret going out with her because I usually end up doing something I shouldn't or sick as a dog or feeling like crap because she talked me into something. Maybe I should just stick with the idea that she is a great person to be around without any qualifiers.

Having fun as much as possible is not a bad thing.

----

And, of course, she gave me this one great (if not drunken) moment...

The Moon Is Out And The Streets Are Wet, So Tonight You've Got Me Shaky Again, You're Just Happy As Long As You've Got Something

california is a recipe for a black hole

Last edited by mojo shivers on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:56 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:40 am
PostPost subject:

what about the apathetic thread? or the indifferent thread?
jennyinthegraveyard
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:04 am
PostPost subject:

ahhhhhhhh no one cares enough to make them Very Happy

lol sorry occasionally stating the obvious is a fault of mine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:44 am
PostPost subject:

I'm angry that my tires are flat, and my family for some reason found reason to blame *me* for driving their car and doing the responsible thing by taking care of it myself.

They seem to do a much better job at getting mad at me than at one another, which if they knew what the other said about the other, would take the heat off of me.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thenewcharming
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:33 pm
PostPost subject:

maxticket wrote:
what about the apathetic thread? or the indifferent thread?

jennyinthegraveyard wrote:
ahhhhhhhh no one cares enough to make them Very Happy

lol sorry occasionally stating the obvious is a fault of mine.

i'm angry that you beat me to that. i read the first one and was really excited to be able to say that... and then i read yours. downgrade.
jennyinthegraveyard
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:55 pm
PostPost subject:

downgrade!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ienvythephotons
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:30 pm
PostPost subject:

kids in yearbook are fuckers.

"oh, if i dont do this spread right, my section editor will just fix it for me"

"Yeah mrs brown, i dont have the pictures because kate said she would get them for me' (this is false, they made it up because they are lazy and were mad that i made them do a spread that requiired some effort on their part, and because they said that i got in trouble. then they did Twisted Evil )

i spent 7 hours today in yearbook (note: it was the last day of school, and over 5 hours after the final bell had rung) cleaning up everybodys messes beause

"oh, were we supposed to finish proofs today?" (been telling you for a month)

"the seniors dont technically have to be here since they graduated" (false. they had to finish everything. they did not and now i have to finish it for them)

and guess what i get to do on thursday?
spend another 6 hours finishing the book for good. and that involves a lot of finishing other peoples shit because "i just have too much to do"

well that's their own fucking fault.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 pm
PostPost subject:

ienvythephotons wrote:
kids in yearbook are fuckers.

"oh, if i dont do this spread right, my section editor will just fix it for me"

"Yeah mrs brown, i dont have the pictures because kate said she would get them for me' (this is false, they made it up because they are lazy and were mad that i made them do a spread that requiired some effort on their part, and because they said that i got in trouble. then they did Twisted Evil )

i spent 7 hours today in yearbook (note: it was the last day of school, and over 5 hours after the final bell had rung) cleaning up everybodys messes beause

"oh, were we supposed to finish proofs today?" (been telling you for a month)

"the seniors dont technically have to be here since they graduated" (false. they had to finish everything. they did not and now i have to finish it for them)

and guess what i get to do on thursday?
spend another 6 hours finishing the book for good. and that involves a lot of finishing other peoples shit because "i just have too much to do"

well that's their own fucking fault.

Yeah, I was in Yearbook senior year and I know exactly what you mean. Aside from being able to skip class to work on Yearbook, it's way more effort and time than I would have liked to spend. It was fun because I pretty much bagged on every teacher I ever had in high school in the candid sections, but there were a lot of days I got stuck finishing sections up when everyone else got to go home. A lot of days I was actually in the Journalism room more than any of my classes put together--sometimes till eight, nine, or ten at night.

Gav
Gangsta Mack
Gangsta Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:52 pm
PostPost subject:

re: the title of this topic.. being "really fuckin' on" is a good thing! Don't Rilo have a better angry lyric?
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:
re: the title of this topic.. being "really fuckin' on" is a good thing! Don't Rilo have a better angry lyric?

Quote:
i think i might
lose it all together
and how long will we last
before we go insane?

mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:10 pm
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:

Quote:
i think i might
lose it all together
and how long will we last
before we go insane?
i don't wanna

Guera
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:33 pm
PostPost subject:

mojo shivers wrote:
Yeah, I was in Yearbook senior year and I know exactly what you mean. Aside from being able to skip class to work on Yearbook, it's way more effort and time than I would have liked to spend. It was fun because I pretty much bagged on every teacher I ever had in high school in the candid sections, but there were a lot of days I got stuck finishing sections up when everyone else got to go home. A lot of days I was actually in the Journalism room more than any of my classes put together--sometimes till eight, nine, or ten at night.

Oh man. Toward the end of the school year, and before deadlines altogether, that would be my life - I'd normally get home 9 - 10 at night. One night, our adviser decided to do an all-nighter (which I left at 1:30 because, well, that's ridiculous). My mom was like, "Is that even legal?"
hyphen812
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:

All I can think of is "They make me sick. You make me sicker." from "Glendora", and "And I want him so very much to die" from "Steve", but they're more personal grudges than a general angry feeling.
letsfeelinfinite
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:

You guys tell me if you want me to change it. It just is the best song for me to listen to when I'm angry because I'm like, "Yeah, I'm fucking on! And I'm pissed and no one can fucking stop me, because my friends sing along and they love me!"

But I understand the different interpretations, so just let me know.
letsfeelinfinite
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:10 pm
PostPost subject:

Last edited by letsfeelinfinite on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
thenewcharming
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:14 pm
PostPost subject:

hyphen812 wrote:
Gav wrote:

"And I want him so very much to die" from "Steve"

STEVE! we should just call the thread steve. or maybe:
"STEVE, except the very end. (a why are you angry thread)"

lol. i think that might actually be one of my favorites. just because of the ridiculousness.
the way he says so dear god i believe in you makes me lmao

but i'm sorry. this is supposed to be an angry thread.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!!!!
LOUD NOISES!!!
-Bulletproof-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Iím angry because of one of my friends is such a big stupid hypocrite. I mean COME ON!
Also, everything is so much worse for her. It really is not a competition. I listen to her when she has problems and when I do it always becomes about her and how something similar happened to her but it was much worse apparently. I have told her this but she isnít a fan of listening to other people.
Iíve started going out with this guy who I have liked for ages so she decides that we hardly see each other anymore because of him. When clearly we see each other the same as we always have and if we donít itís because she chooses to go to demented places that she knows I donít even like.
Then sheíll fall out with me with her pathetic silent treatment. Get a grip, actually!

Broken down record comes to mind.

Ahh.

Oh and I think the threads name is fitting.
Steph_NZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 am
PostPost subject:

i'm angry cos i procrastinate so much and make life really fucking hard and stressful.
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 am
PostPost subject:

Dear all professors/teachers/people I'm forced to impress via written word,

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!?!?!
Don't tell us to stop writing in first person and then, when reviewing our recent paper in class, say shit like "One of you guys even remembered to write in first person"
christ on a stick, I know it was an opinion based paper but it's fucking political science - everything is opinion based. You're supposed to write it stating your opinions as facts. That's what you and all other english teachers since I was 15 demanded of us. You're confusing me!!

fuck you.
Gav
Gangsta Mack
Gangsta Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 am
PostPost subject:

compromise: howbout we change the subtitle from "our angry thread" to "a thread for venting"?

That current title pisses me right the fuck off!!

lol, not really.. just trying to stay on-topic.

actually, thinking about it, I don't like having a swear in the title. somepeople might read RKnet at work, or in the company of their parents or clergymen. A few members here even have young children of their own who might be damaged emotionally at the sight of such a foul word.

howbout this for a title:
"You're really goshdarn on (a thread in which to be boisterous)"
Steph_NZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 am
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:
compromise: howbout we change the subtitle from "our angry thread" to "a thread for venting"?

im loving it
shelma
Initial Friend
Initial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:14 am
PostPost subject:

Steph_NZ wrote:
i'm angry cos i procrastinate so much and make life really fucking hard and stressful.

I'm right there with you on this one.
letsfeelinfinite
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:38 am
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:

That current title pisses me right the fuck off!!

lol, not really.. just trying to stay on-topic.

actually, thinking about it, I don't like having a swear in the title. somepeople might read RKnet at work, or in the company of their parents or clergymen. A few members here even have young children of their own who might be damaged emotionally at the sight of such a foul word.

I hadn't thought about the work/teenage thing...I guess I must be one of those darn hooligans everyone warns you about Razz I'll definitely change it to that for now because it's humorous, but I'd really like an angry RK lyric soon!
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 53
Jump to: