rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Rilo Kiley warms up Coldplay audience...(fredericksburg.com)

RKnet Forum Index -> Rilo Kiley Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rknet
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:33 pm
PostPost subject: Rilo Kiley warms up Coldplay audience...(fredericksburg.com)

fredericksburg.com wrote:
Rilo Kiley warms up Coldplay audience Rilo Kiley's members played with much more energy and flair than I would have expected from people who stood so still--the stillness was almost eerie.

Rilo Kiley was a great choice to open for Coldplay at the Nissan Pavilion last week

Date published: 10/6/2005

By EMILY GILMORE

BRISTOW--I saw Coldplay live for the first time about three years ago. Then just upstarts in the rock world, the Brits had not hired an opening band, instead electing to show a pretentious film in advance of their appearance on-stage.

Now two albums and a fair bit of international stardom later, Coldplay wised up for this year's Twisted Logic tour and hired excellent indie-rockers Rilo Kiley as opening support.

Rilo Kiley paid its dues playing clubs for years before embarking on this arena tour, which wrapped up at the Nissan Pavilion last Friday.

"It's been pretty sweet" playing such large venues, guitarist Blake Sennett said before the band began the title song from its second album, "The Execution of All Things," near the end of the set.

Most of the songs they played, though, came from the group's third CD, "More Adventurous," which was released last year. Selections included "It's a Hit," "I Never," "Does He Love You?" and "Ripchord."

The individual musicians were dwarfed by the vast stage, but they still created an intimate atmosphere, grouped together in the middle of the stage.

Rilo Kiley's members played with much more energy and flair than I would have expected from people who stood so still--the stillness was almost eerie. They produced a rich, engaging sound that reached the highest rafters of the venue as Coldplay fans trickled in.

Along with pulling harmonica, keyboard, guitar and bass duty at various times, singer Jenny Lewis was in top form as she assertively issued her smooth yet slightly piercing vocals with an almost leisurely attitude.

By the time they ended their set with "Portions for Foxes," the members of Rilo Kiley looked more comfortable onstage and moved around a bit more, with Sennett even going so far as to play his guitar behind his head.

A few years ago, Coldplay's opening film had been a total turnoff. This time, Rilo Kiley's impressive performance left me in much better spirits as I anticipated what turned out to be an outstanding offering from the main attraction.

Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April. The band accompanied Coldplay on an arena tour that ended at the Nissan Pavilion last Friday.

Source: fredericksburg.com
Nepenthe
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:41 pm
PostPost subject:

By the time they ended their set with "Portions for Foxes," the members of Rilo Kiley looked more comfortable onstage and moved around a bit more, with Sennett even going so far as to play his guitar behind his head.

that's because people probably started getting into it becaue they knew the song...
Nepenthe
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm
PostPost subject:

i realized that was an "oh duh" statement after iposted

doesnt jenny just look amazing in those pictures? i dont know what's different, she just looks so good!
anotherclumsychord
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:05 pm
PostPost subject:

Nepenthe wrote:
i realized that was an "oh duh" statement after iposted

doesnt jenny just look amazing in those pictures? i dont know what's different, she just looks so good!

yeah Jenny does look especially good! she is so hot..*sigh* Embarassed
Like a domino

listen to my music:
www.myspace.com/youkissbythebook
www.myspace.com/meandthehoneybees
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RKnet Forum Index -> Rilo Kiley Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: