rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

The NFL Thread!

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattloaf1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:20 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
DriftwoodProse wrote:
I'm just saying the NFC have about three playoff worthy teams, and they have to BS the rest...that's all. Kudos to the mod who changed the thread title though - it feels so official now. Seriously though, the NFC will send either the Eagles, Falcons or Panthers and that's about it for those possibilities - the AFC, on the other hand, you could probably draw a team out of a hat and have a better chance of picking the Conference Winner...

I knew what you meant and I agree with it. I was just messing with you. Even though the Falcons beat the Eagles and were in the NFC Championship Game last year, I don't think they have the offense to get to the Super Bowl. A good gauge of the Panthers should come this week against the Patriots.

The Falcons have a badass offense, maybe one of the hardest to defend against in the NFL because of all the options they have. They just can't put it together consistently enough.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:27 am
PostPost subject:

mattloaf1 wrote:
The Falcons have a badass offense, maybe one of the hardest to defend against in the NFL because of all the options they have. They just can't put it together consistently enough.

Sorry, I'm just not convinced of their passing game. Vick isn't there yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DriftwoodProse
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:59 am
PostPost subject:

Yeah...I was about to say, they'd have more options if Vick would throw it to the right team. He'd be better off as a running back, and using a lot of halfback passes to confuse the defense.
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:52 pm
PostPost subject:

guys, what's with the NFC stuff? the NFC sucks! Laughing

for me the SuperDuper Bowl is Sunday night, when the Raiders play the Chiefs. it's actually bigger than the Super Bowl, because i get to watch the Super Bowl every year but living in Texas there's some years I don't get to see either of the games between the two greatest rivals in the AFL!

Bring back the AFL! and the half-back pass!
(and the ABA while we're at it!)
mattloaf1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:50 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
mattloaf1 wrote:

Sorry, I'm just not convinced of their passing game. Vick isn't there yet.

He has Alge Crumpler for the short passing game, and hopefully this Michael Jenkins guy will pan out for longer throws. They were 11-5 last year, and I only see them improving on that this year, with Vick having another year of experience behind him and some deadweight being cut. Remember that they've gotten just as far in the playoffs as the 'greatest passing QB of our time' Peyton Manning.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:44 pm
PostPost subject:

mattloaf1 wrote:
He has Alge Crumpler for the short passing game, and hopefully this Michael Jenkins guy will pan out for longer throws. They were 11-5 last year, and I only see them improving on that this year, with Vick having another year of experience behind him and some deadweight being cut. Remember that they've gotten just as far in the playoffs as the 'greatest passing QB of our time' Peyton Manning.

Vick didn't seem much different to me on Monday night as he has been in the past. When the Falcons get forced to throw the ball they aren't very good. Their running game and tight end are really good, but I wouldn't call it a badass offense. Scoring 14 points in your home opener on Monday Night Football and getting shut out the last three quarters isn't overly impressive even if it was against the Eagles defense. If McNabb wasn't banged up I think the Eagles would have won.

I still think that the Eagles are going to come out of the NFC again. Call me a homer. 8)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:54 pm
PostPost subject:

HOMER!

(doh!)
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:14 pm
PostPost subject:

cat-chaz wrote:
HOMER!

(doh!)

[Comic Book Guy] Worst post ever! [/Comic Book Guy] Laughing
DriftwoodProse
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:30 am
PostPost subject:

How about some of that week 2 action? I can't believe Chicago sits atop the NFC North...that's so sad, and they might not have a challenger for it if Detroit doesn't learn to win on the road.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:02 pm
PostPost subject:

Collins and your Raiders came to play today cat-chaz. The Eagles despite the injury problems squeaked one out though.
mattloaf1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:21 am
PostPost subject:

Some really great games yesterday. Chiefs and Broncos should be a real good game tonight as well.
DriftwoodProse
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:13 pm
PostPost subject:

It's amazing how many games were decided by field goals in the closing seconds, and then Jacksonville with the big TD in OT...week 3 was crazy. I have to admit though, Cincy is looking pretty frightening out there right now.
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:31 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
Collins and your Raiders came to play today cat-chaz. The Eagles despite the injury problems squeaked one out though.

Yes! the mighty Raiders are well on their way to almost winning every single game!

(92 passes combined but i was distracted by the pennant races and forgot to watch - d'oh!)
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:34 pm
PostPost subject:

cat-chaz wrote:
(92 passes combined but i was distracted by the pennant races and forgot to watch - d'oh!)

C'mon Phils! Catch them Astros!! Very Happy
rocknrolldied
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:12 am
PostPost subject:

Go Kansas City Fucking Chiefs!
rocknrolldied
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:15 am
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
cat-chaz wrote:

C'mon Phils! Catch them Astros!! Very Happy

And screw the Astros, go Phils, but you are goin down if you get the WC, just take a look at my icon to find out why, haha.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:41 am
PostPost subject:

rocknrolldied wrote:
Go Kansas City Fucking Chiefs!

Not this weekend!! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!! 8)

rocknrolldied wrote:
And screw the Astros, go Phils, but you are goin down if you get the WC, just take a look at my icon to find out why, haha.

I do realize that it will probably be a quick exit if we do make it, but stranger things have happened. 1993 was forever ago. It would be nice to taste the playoffs again.
DriftwoodProse
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:58 am
PostPost subject:

I can hardly believe the Eagles pulled off that win in KC...and how about those Super Bowl champs? 2-2? Pretty sad...let's hear it for the Colts and Bengals though, still undefeated...and the TB Yuks - no kudos to the Redskins though, winning tough games, but they are REALLY ugly. And poor Texans, only team now without a win. Gotta love another week of NFL action.
this|is|the|countdown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:02 am
PostPost subject:

my eagles are pulling through! they have to be one of the most hardass teams in the nfl. they can play through anything. just as long as mcnabb keeps doing the same thing 8) . break a rib, you know...walk it off. it's cool. one more thing, one bionic leg needed for david akers. wtf was that a couple weeks ago having defensive linemen kick a field goal. play like it matters. keep the punter in there.

oh. and eat it patriots..eat it. this is your karma for breaking the heart of philadelphia.

redskins need to lose already. talk about a team that's nothing to write home about. totally average and gross.

cadillac williams..heart attack at the age of 23 during week 7. stop running him so much. he looks like he's gonna have an aneurism everytime he runs.
mattloaf1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:56 am
PostPost subject:

any falcons critics left??
hopefulthoughts
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:32 pm
PostPost subject:

mattloaf1 wrote:
any falcons critics left??

I hope not. Smile
steeplejake
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:21 pm
PostPost subject:

all *I* know is that randy moss is the alpha and omega of professional football.
    -randy moss practices receiving by catching meteorites
    -randy moss has been known to celebrate TDs with standing leaps over the goalpost, but is too quick to catch on film
    -randy moss' injury last season was due to an unfortunate kryptonite accident
    -when randy moss said he doesn't give 100% in every game, he was referring to the times when he disappears between possessions to fight crime in the neighborhoods surrounding the stadium
    -randy moss has more catches than catch attempts
    -randy moss plays regular season games with opaque contacts in to "keep it fair"
    -after his inauguration, teddy roosevelt went on a 10-day opium bender and, when he emerged, he legalized the forward pass, because, he said "in 69 years, randy moss will be born. we must prepare for his arrival."
    -there are 8 recorded instances of randy moss completing 150+ yd receptions. no one knows how.
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:03 pm
PostPost subject:

steeplejake wrote:
-after his inauguration, teddy roosevelt went on a 10-day opium bender and, when he emerged, he legalized the forward pass, because, he said "in 69 years, randy moss will be born. we must prepare for his arrival."

Laughing
capnkate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:10 am
PostPost subject:

[quote="this|is|the|countdown"]

redskins need to lose already. talk about a team that's nothing to write home about. totally average and gross.

quote]

i don't think so... their still on top of the eagles after week 4. 8) they have some strong players too... portis, betts, moss, arrington etc etc... AND one of the BEST defenses in the league. next week they play AT denver though, but i have faith.

yeah, yeah, the bucs, bengals, and colts are still undefeated too... but none of them have played a decent team yet.
steeplejake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:32 am
PostPost subject:

as a local-raised redskin fan, i can say honestly: we've been getting pretty lucky. but hell, i'll take it.

go skins! i predict an 11-5 season. what is it about receivers named moss? it's like the divine spark.
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19
Jump to: