AL = Yankees!!
NL = Dodgers!!

Laughing
moople72
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Nice to have the All Star Game in my backyard.

Won't happen again ever till i am an old (er) man, if then (i'm fucking 40).

Just wish my team were .500 at the break----inching their way-----grinding out wins.

We are better than we've been in 25 years-----other than the fluke 2003 season.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:26 am
PostPost subject:

I don't know which thread I should put this in, but I bet my friend a poutine dinner that I would beat him this week in fantasy baseball. Keep in mind an average win is by less than 40 points.

I'm beating him by 240 with 3 days to go.

I just seem to do better everything when poutine is on the line.

Trout, Papi, Ercanacion, and Craig have all been hitting. And I've gotten great starts from Verlander, Richard, Quintana, and Lance Lynn.

That poutine shall be mine!

california is a recipe for a black hole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm
PostPost subject:

Go Phils against the Dodgers! They might be ready to make a run, but there are a lot of teams that will have to tank for them to come all the way back.

Tim pitched 8 shutout innings with 11 strikeouts (against the Astros), but didn't get the win when the tying run scored in the 9th on a strikeout passed ball.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 pm
PostPost subject:

bergenergy wrote:
Go Phils against the Dodgers! They might be ready to make a run, but there are a lot of teams that will have to tank for them to come all the way back.

The Phils have to basically play .700 ball the rest of the season to get to 90 wins, they are pretty much done. It's nice to see Utley and Howard in the lineup now, even though they aren't 100%. Halladay comes back tonight after 7 weeks on the DL. It will be interesting to see if he can be his old dominant self again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:01 pm
PostPost subject:

Well, this is getting interesting. Duck the Fodgers.

Had high hopes for Hunter Pence which aren't being realized yet. Like his attitude though.

Melky was a major Evil or Very Mad - evidently he left the clubhouse without even saying goodbye or apologizing to teammates.
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 pm
PostPost subject:

Calling Chuck!!

Philly's gonna get a wildcard - Dodgers and Cards are folding.

All my life my second favorite team was the Orioles because I lived in DC one year with Brooks and Frank Robinson, et al, and they have the same colors as the Giants. I have also started rooting for the A's because Rosie's boyfriend is a huge fan, therefore she is, therefore I am. Both those teams are amazing stories this year and the Giants are too. So I have three teams heading to the playoffs. Rock
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm
PostPost subject:

How has this topic languished in obscurity considering all that's gone on the last two weeks? As a Giants fan, all I gotta say is, HOLY FUCKING SHIT that Reds/Giants series was nutty. Let's keep that train a rolling.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:54 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah, I was shocked at the Giants comeback in that series. Cards-Giants should be good.

What a crazy game last night between the Yanks and Tigers. I'm glad the Tigers won, but it really sucks that Jeter's season is over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 am
PostPost subject:

So, I've been having some interesting debates throughout last night and today about the Holliday slide from last night's game where he lit up Scutaro. I'm apparently in the very small minority that feel it wasn't a dirty play and a relic of the old way of playing ball (a bygone era that I long for). Yeah, Holliday started his slide pretty late, but Scutaro had to expect some heavy heat coming his way when he chose to stay in there at 2nd (instead of bailing to either side or trying to elevate over Holliday).

Any thoughts? Every Giants fan I talk to is pissed as hell. Holliday is going to get a pitch in his ear in Spring Training though (way too risky to put a runner on for free in a playoff series).
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 pm
PostPost subject:

M

V

P

Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
So, I've been having some interesting debates throughout last night and today about the Holliday slide from last night's game where he lit up Scutaro. I'm apparently in the very small minority that feel it wasn't a dirty play and a relic of the old way of playing ball (a bygone era that I long for). Yeah, Holliday started his slide pretty late, but Scutaro had to expect some heavy heat coming his way when he chose to stay in there at 2nd (instead of bailing to either side or trying to elevate over Holliday).

Any thoughts? Every Giants fan I talk to is pissed as hell. Holliday is going to get a pitch in his ear in Spring Training though (way too risky to put a runner on for free in a playoff series).

I thought he went a bit too far with it, where it was clear that an injury could occur more than a regular takeout slide, but I'm not enraged about it like some are.

How about them Tigers sweeping the Yankees!!! Rock
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 am
PostPost subject:

Game fucking 7. Hold onto your butts people. One game to get to the World Series, and I wouldn't want anyone other than Matt Cain to pitch it. Now the weather gods just have to cooperate (a rainout in SF? pfffffftttt).
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm
PostPost subject:

I missed the last two games in the series, but I'm definitely not missing tonight.
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 pm
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
Now the weather gods just have to cooperate (a rainout in SF? pfffffftttt).

I love it, Cole says pfffffft and the gods listen.

The clouds have parted and this morning's heavy rain is evaporating away. May be some light showers tonight, but nothing serious. It will be pretty brisk though - maybe those shaky Cards fielders can bobble some more.

Hey, could there be any two more different guys:

Tense, high-strung Pence striking out"

And loose, cool Scutaro:

I don't think I've ever seen a hitter who looks so confident in reading pitches and his ability to hit them anywhere in the park.

I'm leaving work at 4 to get a good spot at the place where I watched last night. It's a dive with lots of character.

Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Congrats to you Giants fans! That Pence double where he hit the ball 3 times is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game.
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm
PostPost subject:

I wrote down so many notes, but will cut to the basics.

I know most people turned it off before the end because it was a blowout, but that final inning in the downpour was utterly epic. The HD slow motion photography of the raindrops crashing was blowing my soused mind.

And Scutaro turning his face upward to let the drops fall in his mouth.

That the ump didn't call a rain delay was excruciating waiting to end it.

Second, major props to Holliday for not lashing back after getting drilled by Cain.

It's totally ironic that the series turned when Zito held the line after he has done so badly and been hated so much here. Vogelsong is always like this in uniform

And super sweet when not.

Now if Posey can just start hitting ...

Oh yeah, had to laugh hard at all the random stats they constantly throw out that have zero relevance to the particular game in question. "Only two teams have ever won a pennant five years after playing the first game of the season in Tokyo" No Clue
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:29 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah, that game was great and the ninth was completely nuts. That ump was determined to finish that game then and there, weather be damned. I kinda wanted a groundball to get hit just to see what would happen.

The really nice thing about this series going 7 is that we jump almost immediately into World Series play. No excruciating waiting until game 1, just an off day and right back at it.

There is definitely something special going on with this team. I was on the phone with a good friend of mine, also a huge Giants fan, when the throw in game 5 hit the bag and went into center field, opening the door for a huge inning. I said, "If we pull out this comeback, we'll look back on that moment as the turning point". From then on, things have just seemed to go our way. Six elimination game wins in two rounds? Psycho.

Zito in game 1 of the World Series. Never thought I'd live to see the day.
Built To Post
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm
PostPost subject:

Man...I never thought the Giants would roll the Tigers that easy. Congrats, Giants fans!

mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 pm
PostPost subject:

Built To Post wrote:
Man...I never thought the Giants would roll the Tigers that easy. Congrats, Giants fans!

I kind of turned off the playoffs after the Yankees got eliminated (if Boston and Atlanta can't win it, then the Yankees not winning is a great consolation prize). However, one of my good buddies here is a huge Giants fan so the more they kept winning the more I started watching again.

That's a great run in the playoffs they had and an example of how momentum can carry a team to a championship against teams which may look better on paper. Good job, Giants.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah, I gotta admit, I've kind of been in full on gloat mode lately. I had rooted my whole life for my team to win one World Series, and now the Giants have won two titles in three years. They were left for dead in the NLDS and then the NLCS and rallied back in dramatic fashion with a really great group of entertaining ballplayers. You really can't ask for more as a fan.

The core is there for sustained success too (dynasty?). Posey, Sandoval, Cain, Bumgarner, Crawford, Belt, these guys are all locked up contract-wise, so we'll see if the formula can be repeated.

Just a damn fine time to be a Giants fan. Plenty of room on the bandwagon moving forward for anyone that wants to root for a team that looks like they are legitimately having fun out there everyday.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm
PostPost subject:

It goes to show that sometimes you can do more addition by subtraction. Once Melky was suspended and left the team it really rallied the rest of the team to do better in spite of the setback. When they got into the playoffs I'm glad they didn't even consider adding him back to the roster.

TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:26 pm
PostPost subject:

mojo shivers wrote:
It goes to show that sometimes you can do more addition by subtraction. Once Melky was suspended and left the team it really rallied the rest of the team to do better in spite of the setback. When they got into the playoffs I'm glad they didn't even consider adding him back to the roster.

It really did. The team pulled together when Melky was suspended, and it showed in how well they played from that point on. Both this title and 2010 were real chemistry-driven runs, where they don't necessarily look like the best team on paper but they play great baseball at the right time.

Any thoughts anyone on the new Wild Card format? I like the one game elimination format as incentive to win your division. There were a couple races that were compelling right up until the last day because of the format.
bergenergy
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm
PostPost subject:

I definitely enjoyed this one more with the strong dominance of the division and the two elimination game comebacks.

Parade is today - should be extra wacky and wild as SF halloween is over-the-top. I gotta say a lot of the fans here are kind of annoying in that 'true fans' seem to be rapidly multiplying.

As far as chemistry goes, it's interesting that only 1 starting player (Buster) was the same as 2010. Pablo was benched back then for not producing. I guess credit goes to Boche and the GM Brian Sabean.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 am
PostPost subject:

All I'm looking forward to now is the Hot Stove beginning. I need to know all the moved the Red Sox are going to be making.

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: