rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

The Elected 2011 Tour Dates

RKnet Forum Index -> The Elected Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 pm
PostPost subject:

that is amaaaaaaaaaaazing. like, amazing doesn't even begin to describe it! what a surreal experience that must've been!
ZooeyLewis
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:00 pm
PostPost subject:

I can't even describe what it was like, it was just so unexpected that I didn't even really know how to deal with it haha. Blake was hilarious, he was so concerned. He was like "does it hurt? I don't have any tattoos." and I was all "not at all. Okay, a little. But I'm going to pretend I'm cooler than I am because you're here. Feels good, man."

Forever thankful to Veronica who approached Blake first (I'm terrified of him) and got the ball rolling on the tattoo thing. Jenny is the last piece of the puzzle now that Pierre, Jason and Blake are forever engraved on my arm.
connection&c

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 pm
PostPost subject:

ZooeyLewis wrote:
I think this is appropriate to add to the thread since it happened at a show...

So cool! Do you have any pictures of the actual tattoo?
ZooeyLewis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Apparently I don't... haha. But here is one Blake took:

It's basically the world's ugliest tattoo, but it means the world to me. Each member of the band has/will hopefully contribute a word to the lyric "but now I'm gold", from left to right: Blake, Jason, Pierre's handwriting.

"Silver Lining" isn't necessarily my favorite RK song, but I have a child and found that most of the Rilo lyrics I love the most are borderline (or completely) inappropriate to have permanently etched on my body (while she's a toddler, at least). I've wanted an RK tat since I turned 18- but could never decide and didn't want something that was overused. After leaving the person I was with for 5 years, giving up care of my emotionally abusive and sick mother and heading out on my own for the first time, I decided that these lyrics were fitting.
peeptoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:17 pm
PostPost subject:

That is so incredibly awesome! Congrats on stepping out on your own! When I listen to Silver Lining I think about leaving the abusive relationship I was in as well. What are you going to have jenny write?
I didn't get what I want
so I just took what wanted me"
ZooeyLewis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 pm
PostPost subject:

peeptoe wrote:
That is so incredibly awesome! Congrats on stepping out on your own! When I listen to Silver Lining I think about leaving the abusive relationship I was in as well. What are you going to have jenny write?

the only word left, "but" ha. "Hey Jenny, can you write but on my arm?" I can feel the glare that will get already.... Smile I'm still kicking myself for not starting it sooner, but I have a feeling she'll know I'm coming for her next time she tours haha.
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm
PostPost subject:

cityclass wrote:
paramour wrote:
who else is going to the toronto show?

me and my sister and my mom!

I'll be there too! im done work at 230 on thursday.

-Emily Heart
jonesinforvagtown
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 am
PostPost subject:

ZooeyLewis wrote:
peeptoe wrote:

the only word left, "but" ha. "Hey Jenny, can you write but on my arm?" I can feel the glare that will get already.... Smile I'm still kicking myself for not starting it sooner, but I have a feeling she'll know I'm coming for her next time she tours haha.

I am in awe of you.
connection&c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm
PostPost subject:

jonesinforvagtown wrote:
ZooeyLewis wrote:
peeptoe wrote:

I am in awe of you.

Same here.
cityclass
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 am
PostPost subject:

are there openers on this tour? can't get any info on it so i'm thinking not...?
ZooeyLewis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 am
PostPost subject:

cityclass wrote:
are there openers on this tour? can't get any info on it so i'm thinking not...?

Mike Bloom opens like every other or every 3rd night I want to say? And I guess someone named Tristan? Two openers a show though.
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:39 am
PostPost subject:

cityclass wrote:

our toronto show gets some band called Rob Moir & The Great Lates.

would've preferred mike bloom.

here's info and set times:
http://www.collectiveconcerts.com/index.php?mode=detailedView&concertID=1654
cityclass
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm
PostPost subject:

paramour wrote:
cityclass wrote:

our toronto show gets some band called Rob Moir & The Great Lates.

would've preferred mike bloom.

here's info and set times:
http://www.collectiveconcerts.com/index.php?mode=detailedView&concertID=1654

oooh brilliant, thank you.
evidently i did not look very hard.
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm
PostPost subject:

^ no worries. i'm always checking the collective concerts site for set times and opening bands, so it's always on my radar.

umm, so i'm on the guest list for the toronto elected show with a +1 AND i have an extra ticket. any takers?
neverending
Don't Fuck With
Don't Fuck With

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 pm
PostPost subject:

memememememe

-Emily Heart
Kelley
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 pm
PostPost subject:

Tristen is AMAZING, you guys. If you haven't listened to her record do so right now! She'll really appeal to Jenny fans.

Last edited by Kelley on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am
PostPost subject:

neverending wrote:
memememememe

it's yours, girl.

if anybody else is planning on going to the toronto show and needs a ticket, get in touch.
peeptoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 pm
PostPost subject: Brooklyn show

Mike Bloom and Tristan opened the Brooklyn show. Bloom sang Butcher's Paper and I FREAKED(inside) and heard Jenny in my head saying "this is for you Blake" from the live song I have. I never thought I would hear that song live ever. I agree with what someone else said, Tristan is good for the Jenny fans, I knew one of her songs because they've played it on SiriusXMU and they were good. I usually always like the opening bands for Elected shows, I don't know who picks them but I love them for introducing me to such great bands, like Margot ATNSAS's.

I know Blake said almost exactly a month before at the NYC show that next time they would sound completely different, so I was prepared for whatever that meant. But I wasn't really into the whole Island/Jamaican sound or whatever you want to call it, I liked it for Babyface but maybe that's just because I had heard it like that already online. I respect him wanting to change it up but I don't know I wasn't really into this show as much and I really wanted to ROCK out on a Saturday night. They played a lot of the same stuff at the NYC show a month before and stuff that people had requested then, mostly Me First stuff and I'm more of a Sun Sun Sun girl. Also saw on the set list that he was going to do For You and I was excited to hear that and it didn't happen but Ripcord was a happy non-surprise. Oh and after the show I bought a t shirt and I'm pretty sure Brummel gave me a mens instead of a womens:( Oh well I'll wear it anyway.
I didn't get what I want
so I just took what wanted me"
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 am
PostPost subject:

the toronto show was really great! we even had a mini rknet meetup (neverending, cityclass, cityclass' sister and myself). Smile

tristen was the first opener (she has an amazing voice!), then that rob moir and the great lates band opened (they were meh... i think they're local so they had a lot of friends in the audience cheering and hollering... then they all left after they were done playing, grrr), then the elected. we were right up there at the front of the stage and the stage is really low/small; i kept making awkward eye contact with blake, hehe.

emily snagged a set list; hopefully she can take a pic and post it in the set list thread? i loved the new arrangements of the old songs and i was soooo happy to hear "ripchord."

also, emily and i met blake briefly after the show. i'll let emily post her pics if she wants - she got two pics with him because i snapped it too quickly and blake was still fixing his hair, haha.

sorry that the pic is so big. also, sorry about my face... ehh.

he had his arm around me so tightly, sigh.

anyway. i didn't get a lot of good photos during the performance because i was borrowing my bf's camera, so i'm not used to it. by the time i got it on a setting i liked, the battery was getting low. i did get at least ONE good photo to go with my review, though... which i still have to write.
ChaucerRocks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 pm
PostPost subject:

Looks like I'm going to see The Elected Smile alone Sad tonight in Chicago. This leaves me with an extra ticket if anyone wants it!
nyeacknjny
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:47 pm
PostPost subject:

paramour wrote:
the toronto show was really great! we even had a mini rknet meetup (neverending, cityclass, cityclass' sister and myself). Smile

tristen was the first opener (she has an amazing voice!), then that rob moir and the great lates band opened (they were meh... i think they're local so they had a lot of friends in the audience cheering and hollering... then they all left after they were done playing, grrr), then the elected. we were right up there at the front of the stage and the stage is really low/small; i kept making awkward eye contact with blake, hehe.

emily snagged a set list; hopefully she can take a pic and post it in the set list thread? i loved the new arrangements of the old songs and i was soooo happy to hear "ripchord."

also, emily and i met blake briefly after the show. i'll let emily post her pics if she wants - she got two pics with him because i snapped it too quickly and blake was still fixing his hair, haha.

sorry that the pic is so big. also, sorry about my face... ehh.

he had his arm around me so tightly, sigh.

anyway. i didn't get a lot of good photos during the performance because i was borrowing my bf's camera, so i'm not used to it. by the time i got it on a setting i liked, the battery was getting low. i did get at least ONE good photo to go with my review, though... which i still have to write.

I see nothing wrong with your face.
paramour
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 am
PostPost subject:

^^ haha, thanks. i feel like my smile is on the goofy side, but i was pretty stoked to meet blake.
ZooeyLewis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:07 pm
PostPost subject:

All of my favorite people from that night in one picture. Also, note how Cara and I are holding Blake up... unbeknownst to us.

Also, Blake decided to take my camera and take some ultimate creeper pictures of Caveman.

I have some videos I'll upload and post links to shortly.
ZooeyLewis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 pm
PostPost subject:

nyeacknjny wrote:

he had his arm around me so tightly, sigh. .

I see nothing wrong with your face.[/quote]

Me neither. Adorable as earth.
mojo shivers
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm
PostPost subject:

ZooeyLewis wrote:

All of my favorite people from that night in one picture. Also, note how Cara and I are holding Blake up... unbeknownst to us.

Also, Blake decided to take my camera and take some ultimate creeper pictures of Caveman.

I have some videos I'll upload and post links to shortly.

Here's some more:

You and Cara

Blake

Mike (which, I believe, is at the same time Blake took yours)

california is a recipe for a black hole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RKnet Forum Index -> The Elected All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: