Sheridan Opera House
Ticketing info coming soon to JennyLewis.com

Saturday, August, 14th - Lyons, CO
Folks Festival
Ticketing and festival info: http://www.blugrass.com/folks/

Sunday, August 15th - Los Angeles, CA
Greek Theatre
Supporting Levon Helm Band

The Greek Theater show is currently on sale to subscribers. In order to become a subscriber, you must purchase tickets to at least 3 events that are part of the Greek Theater’s Premier Marquee Club subscription series. A list of these events and details for becoming a member are listed here. The show will go on sale to the public as a single event soon. Watch JennyLewis.com for those details.

Rock
el rey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:58 pm
PostPost subject: Jenny Lewis 2010 tour dates

Posted today:

http://www.jennylewis.com/news/august-tour-dates-announcement

Quote:
Posted on: Mar 5th, 2010

Thursday, August, 12th - Telluride, CO
Sheridan Opera House
Ticketing info coming soon to JennyLewis.com

Saturday, August, 14th - Lyons, CO
Folks Festival
Ticketing and festival info: http://www.blugrass.com/folks/

Sunday, August 15th - Los Angeles, CA
Greek Theatre
Supporting Levon Helm Band

The Greek Theater show is currently on sale to subscribers. In order to become a subscriber, you must purchase tickets to at least 3 events that are part of the Greek Theater’s Premier Marquee Club subscription series. A list of these events and details for becoming a member are listed here. The show will go on sale to the public as a single event soon. Watch JennyLewis.com for those details.

bello_returns
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 am
PostPost subject:

I am happy for Jenny and I would LIKE to be excited for this L.A. show but I just can't bring myself to be excited. Her playing the Greek Theater as well as supporting another artist only mean very high ticket prices, a small likelihood of getting a decent seat and worst of all..a shorter set. Sad I probably going to pass on this show.

Greek Theater is a sick venue though.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:51 am
PostPost subject:

bello_returns wrote:
I am happy for Jenny and I would LIKE to be excited for this L.A. show but I just can't bring myself to be excited. Her playing the Greek Theater as well as supporting another artist only mean very high ticket prices, a small likelihood of getting a decent seat and worst of all..a shorter set. Sad I probably going to pass on this show.

Greek Theater is a sick venue though.

You should go to the show. Levon Helm is a legend and worth it alone. That's a pretty awesome double shot to get Jenny then some good ole rock n roll with Levon. I'm definitely jealous of the So Cal folks for getting this show.
planecrashinr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 am
PostPost subject:

yes, i saw this on facebook yesterday..

here's to hoping for a music hall of williamsburg date! that'd be so awesome.
YouAreWhatYouLove
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:41 am
PostPost subject:

Good Lord! Jenny and Levon? That's a hell of a show!! I wish I lived in California
bello_returns
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 am
PostPost subject:

I'm familiar with Levon Helm and I respect the hell out of him. But there are VERY few artists I'm willing to shell out 40 or 50 bucks for. I remember I was very reluctant to even pay $25 to see Rilo Kiley (even though I did), especially since I was spoiled for so long with $10 RK shows and $10 merch.

So its more of a matter of whats in my budget. I'd love to see Levon and Jenny would be an an enormous bonus but I dunno, I just can't really spend that much on shows right now. Granted, I haven't even seen the ticket prices yet haha.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm
PostPost subject:

bello_returns wrote:
I'm familiar with Levon Helm and I respect the hell out of him. But there are VERY few artists I'm willing to shell out 40 or 50 bucks for. I remember I was very reluctant to even pay $25 to see Rilo Kiley (even though I did), especially since I was spoiled for so long with $10 RK shows and $10 merch.

So its more of a matter of whats in my budget. I'd love to see Levon and Jenny would be an an enormous bonus but I dunno, I just can't really spend that much on shows right now. Granted, I haven't even seen the ticket prices yet haha.

Yeah, the ole budget definitely calls the shots when it comes to my concert calendar too. However, this show would be one of those that would be worth skipping 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5) other shows to see. Maybe give a listen to the Last Waltz then reassess how excited you are for this double bill.

I mean, Jenny Lewis singing on The Weight? Sign me up.
YouAreWhatYouLove

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm
PostPost subject:

$50 is easily worth it for those two. Your hard pressed to find any shows under $20 these days for one artist!
rockstonic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm super excited! I probably can't afford to attend, but I will. My budget should dictate which shows I go to but it doesn't. Groceries or Jenny Lewis? Paying bills or Jenny Lewis? I always choose Jenny Lewis...

http://twitter.com/rockstonic
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm
PostPost subject:

Please let this mean more dates will be announced soon...come on Jenny, Utah is just right around the corner from Colorado!
spicecandy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 am
PostPost subject:

Aha, apparently we Utah users think alike! C'mon, Jenny!
bello_returns
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 am
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
Please let this mean more dates will be announced soon...come on Jenny, Utah is just right around the corner from Colorado!

Not really related to Jenny but while on tour we drove thru Utah and I must say it was fucking beautiful. Much more scenic (IMO) than Colorado. We didn't go thru Salt Lake but we stopped in St. George on the way to Las Vegas and it was great. I hate how Utah always gets skipped on tours. Damn those Mormons! Razz Razz
F#minor
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:03 am
PostPost subject:

I love going to Jennys shows but mostly if she is headlining (or opening for the elected) so i'm on the fence about going to her Greek show. If she has a Utah show were she headlines I'd go to that instead.. I need a trip and I rather my redhead headlines (OR OPENS FOR THE ELECTED)

- Rodney Ruxin
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:13 am
PostPost subject:

bello_returns wrote:
happyfish wrote:

Not really related to Jenny but while on tour we drove thru Utah and I must say it was fucking beautiful. Much more scenic (IMO) than Colorado. We didn't go thru Salt Lake but we stopped in St. George on the way to Las Vegas and it was great. I hate how Utah always gets skipped on tours. Damn those Mormons! Razz Razz

Hey now. Don't start what you can't finish. Smile
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
bello_returns wrote:
happyfish wrote:

Hahaha. I think both Utah and Colorado are absolutely beautiful. I am really fucking sick of the winters here, but it is a beautiful place.

We do tend to get skipped on tours though...I'm still considering road tripping to CO to see Jenny.
bello_returns
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 pm
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
bello_returns wrote:
happyfish wrote:

Haha, well to be fair, most of our drive thru Colorado was at nighttime. When we drove through Denver it was much flatter than I imagined it to be. Also I remember driving thru Vail and I remember it was like being sandwiched between two mountains which was cool. We ended up staying in Grand Junction. I still found Colorado to be quite beautiful (I'm a huge fan of mountains in case you couldnt tell) but for some reason the mountains in Utah stood out to me. However, if I were to choose which state I'd prefer to live in, I would definitely choose Colorado over Utah. There, that should even things out haha.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm
PostPost subject:

bello_returns wrote:
TheOtherOne420 wrote:
bello_returns wrote:
happyfish wrote:

Haha, well to be fair, most of our drive thru Colorado was at nighttime. When we drove through Denver it was much flatter than I imagined it to be. Also I remember driving thru Vail and I remember it was like being sandwiched between two mountains which was cool. We ended up staying in Grand Junction. I still found Colorado to be quite beautiful (I'm a huge fan of mountains in case you couldnt tell) but for some reason the mountains in Utah stood out to me. However, if I were to choose which state I'd prefer to live in, I would definitely choose Colorado over Utah. There, that should even things out haha.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I went to Denver for the first time. You feel like you're out in the flatlands, but you're up at 5,000 ft. And even though I'm defending the home team here, I do have to admit that there are parts of Utah that are nothing short of heavenly.
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:26 pm
PostPost subject:

spicecandy wrote:
Aha, apparently we Utah users think alike! C'mon, Jenny!

Woohooo another Utah user. I think Jenny needs to stop by the boards to see how many of us there are, it might convince her to stop by more often.
F#minor
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm
PostPost subject:

i once spoke to her about the boards around the utb era when we were all stll on the fence on the moneymaker. good to acknowlege we (the board) exist and appreciate that. i remember the board was on the rilo myspace years ago as official rilo kiley forum for fans..

- Rodney Ruxin
Devilish
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 am
PostPost subject:

If I lived in or around any of those areas, I would go regardless of whether Jenny's headlining or not.

Maybe that's just my isolated country of origin (when it comes to RK/Jenny) attitude talking.
Very Happy
bello_returns
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Devilish wrote:
If I lived in or around any of those areas, I would go regardless of whether Jenny's headlining or not.

Maybe that's just my isolated country of origin (when it comes to RK/Jenny) attitude talking.
Very Happy

RK and Jenny may not frequent Australia but consider yourself lucky you don't live in the US. I don't mean to sound un-patriotic but we are extremely fucked up right now, and if I had it my way I'd live in some other first world European settlement. Or Japan. I've been there, its awesome.

I don't want to make this a political discussion I'm just saying don't feel gypped haha.
Mr Soia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm
PostPost subject:

I agree, Australia is in a much better position at the moment. Though, if jobs were easy where you were I'd be moving over. It's easier to move to Canada than the U.S. even if I do my get dual citizenship.

Though on the other hand, it's well worth jumping on a plane and catching Jenny, as I did for Tim Robbins show last year.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:10 am
PostPost subject:

I caught a fair amount of Levon Helm & Friends on the Mountain Jam Festival webcast earlier tonight, and I gotta say, I am super crazy jealous of everyone going to the show at the Greek. That is going to be one hell of a show. A little Jenny first and then some damn fine rock n roll with a musical legend. If only every show could be like that...
F#minor
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:15 am
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
I caught a fair amount of Levon Helm & Friends on the Mountain Jam Festival webcast earlier tonight, and I gotta say, I am super crazy jealous of everyone going to the show at the Greek. That is going to be one hell of a show. A little Jenny first and then some damn fine rock n roll with a musical legend. If only every show could be like that...

nice! that makes mee feel great i wasnt sure if i should have stayed for levon after jenny. ORCHESTRA PIT BABY! ill so will be in the front

- Rodney Ruxin
RKnet Forum Index -> Jenny Lewis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: