rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Jenny Lewis 2009 Tour Dates

RKnet Forum Index -> Jenny Lewis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 am
PostPost subject:

AMAZING Pittsburgh show tonight ... just got back. She included TMBTLY right before "Silver Lining," which was a great surprise ... I thought maybe it was off the set list.

Also ... imagine my surprise when, after "The Next Messiah," only Jonathan and Farmer Dave left the stage. Jenny took her place behind her keyboard, and Barbara and Danielle behind the drums ... and they launched into "Born Secular."

The Encore was "Acid Tongue," "Big Wave," and "Sing a Song for Them." I know many of you have seen Jenny far more times than I, but of my four times (twice solo and twice with RK) this was by far my favorite. She and the band seemed so enthusiastic and happy to be there. I feel so lucky to have made this show. Also, Heartless Bastards are insane! I LOVED them and will be sure to follow them in the future.

Anyone else at the Pittsburgh show? Could someone post a full set list? Overall, it just seemed like a really, really special performance, with a great surprise to close the main set.
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 am
PostPost subject:

Hey, everyone who lives in Salt Lake. What time should I get to the Gallivan Center for the show? If I remember right, some of you said that I'd want to get there extremely early because of how fast the place fills up. I'm pretty excited for this!
Renee_Lynn
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Gustave wrote:
AMAZING Pittsburgh show tonight ... just got back. She included TMBTLY right before "Silver Lining," which was a great surprise ... I thought maybe it was off the set list.

Also ... imagine my surprise when, after "The Next Messiah," only Jonathan and Farmer Dave left the stage. Jenny took her place behind her keyboard, and Barbara and Danielle behind the drums ... and they launched into "Born Secular."

The Encore was "Acid Tongue," "Big Wave," and "Sing a Song for Them." I know many of you have seen Jenny far more times than I, but of my four times (twice solo and twice with RK) this was by far my favorite. She and the band seemed so enthusiastic and happy to be there. I feel so lucky to have made this show. Also, Heartless Bastards are insane! I LOVED them and will be sure to follow them in the future.

Anyone else at the Pittsburgh show? Could someone post a full set list? Overall, it just seemed like a really, really special performance, with a great surprise to close the main set.

Meeee. I was directly in front-left hand side-by the keyboard. Short girl with tattoos. omg was that not a damn good show or what? I will say this in all honesty-that was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I checked out The Heartless Bastards when I got tickets a couple months ago because I always look into the opening bands and I fell in love-in an off beat way-and they played just as I thought they would-amazingly.

I was also very enlightened at Jenny's performance and the whole crowd's response to her and vice versa. And the 2 girls who were the drummer and guitar player/drummer-je-sus that was good stuff! I knew it was going to be a good show when Jenny couldn't finish the one song because she was laughing at the roaring crowd for her.

Who are you face in the crowd? Where you from?
yelley79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am
PostPost subject:

I am going to the show tonight in Fayetteville! I'm so excited! I saw her at Bonnaroo...which was awesome...but Fayetteville will be more intimate...which will be way cooler! I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow!!!
send_away_the_tigers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 pm
PostPost subject:

shes cancelled all uk/eu dates because of "unforseen circumstances" im really annoyed:( i wonder why they cancelled.
thephoneisafineinvention

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 pm
PostPost subject:

send_away_the_tigers wrote:
shes cancelled all uk/eu dates because of "unforseen circumstances" im really annoyed:( i wonder why they cancelled.

ah, sorry- I just posted a fresh topic about this... apologies for doubling up.

In my experience "unforseen circumstances" means not enough ticket sales..... but I'm not gonna get all mean and annoyed about it until i know for sure. I always think that's a lazy excuse. But i'd only be guessing that was the reason so i'll hold my tongue.

Come back soon JLew
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 pm
PostPost subject:

thephoneisafineinvention wrote:
send_away_the_tigers wrote:

ah, sorry- I just posted a fresh topic about this... apologies for doubling up.

In my experience "unforseen circumstances" means not enough ticket sales..... but I'm not gonna get all mean and annoyed about it until i know for sure. I always think that's a lazy excuse. But i'd only be guessing that was the reason so i'll hold my tongue.

Come back soon JLew

usually i'd guess lack of ticket sales too but she was playing mostly festivals, so would that really be an issue? either way, major bummer! sorry to all you folks who bought tickets
thephoneisafineinvention

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:43 pm
PostPost subject:

delia wrote:

usually i'd guess lack of ticket sales too but she was playing mostly festivals, so would that really be an issue? either way, major bummer! sorry to all you folks who bought tickets

Yeah i dunno.

Maybe it's too expensive to go US----> Japan ---->UK----->US on the plane and if the Japanese are anything like they are with their exclusive CD tracks she should be getting quite a bit to appear.

Tokyo's a-m-a-z-i-n-g.... maybe she just wants to hang out there longer- I know i would.

Whatever the reason, she's forgiven... i just hope she comes back soon. Actually, I hope she comes with Rilo Kiley more- but I think that's asking too much. Confused
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 pm
PostPost subject:

Rilokileyfan21 wrote:
Hey, everyone who lives in Salt Lake. What time should I get to the Gallivan Center for the show? If I remember right, some of you said that I'd want to get there extremely early because of how fast the place fills up. I'm pretty excited for this!

They start letting people in at 1:30, but I am not going until 3:30-4, which is still way fucking early because the show doesn't even start until 7, and that will be Bon Iver. Jenny will probably come on maybe around 9. This may sound silly but my biggest concern is needing to pee and losing my spot in the front, ha ha.
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:

They start letting people in at 1:30, but I am not going until 3:30-4, which is still way fucking early because the show doesn't even start until 7, and that will be Bon Iver. Jenny will probably come on maybe around 9. This may sound silly but my biggest concern is needing to pee and losing my spot in the front, ha ha.

Ooh, yeah, I'd be worried about that one too. I probably just won't drink anything until it's over. Which is a really dumb thing to do but it would be worth it.

I'll probably end up getting there around 2:30 or 3. I have nothing to do here and I'll be too excited to wait. I just hope the trax runs late enough so I can get home without having to bother my dad for a ride. I told him he wouldn't have to worry about me at all.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:10 pm
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:

That and getting to the beer line and back is why I never hang out right in front of the stage anymore. Having to pee has put at end to many great spots at concerts for me.
TheOtherOne420
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:12 pm
PostPost subject:

Rilokileyfan21 wrote:
I probably just won't drink anything until it's over. Which is a really dumb thing to do but it would be worth it.

Not a good idea at all. Take the risk and hydrate accordingly, especially if you're going by yourself.
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:53 pm
PostPost subject:

TheOtherOne420 wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:
I probably just won't drink anything until it's over. Which is a really dumb thing to do but it would be worth it.

Not a good idea at all. Take the risk and hydrate accordingly, especially if you're going by yourself.

I know, you're right. I'll probably have some water with me or something. Hopefully I can manage it so I just won't have to go until it's over.
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:07 am
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:

As someone who has done the wait all day thing, I can tell you that you really don't have to be there until about 4. As for saving spots, if you have someone there with you, it's no problem. In fact, you really don't have to worry about waiting there and staying in your spot until about 4:30 or 5, which is when the lawn area starts to fill up quicker.

Though they say you can't leave your spot, I felt comfortable enough to leave my chair sitting on the lawn while I went to the mall to buy a few magazines to keep me from getting bored.

I'm still not sure when I'm getting down there tomorrow, but I may get down there really early, but I'll make sure to bring a backpack full of stuff to keep me occupied to combat boredom.

Obviously, I'd recommend having a lot of water to drink since it will be hot and you will be outside for anywhere from 6-10 hours depending on when you arrive. Peeing shouldn't be a problem if you do your best to do so before it starts filling up. Otherwise, it's a real pain to get back to your spot.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 pm
PostPost subject:

apexsensation wrote:
happyfish wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:

As someone who has done the wait all day thing, I can tell you that you really don't have to be there until about 4. As for saving spots, if you have someone there with you, it's no problem. In fact, you really don't have to worry about waiting there and staying in your spot until about 4:30 or 5, which is when the lawn area starts to fill up quicker.

Though they say you can't leave your spot, I felt comfortable enough to leave my chair sitting on the lawn while I went to the mall to buy a few magazines to keep me from getting bored.

I'm still not sure when I'm getting down there tomorrow, but I may get down there really early, but I'll make sure to bring a backpack full of stuff to keep me occupied to combat boredom.

Obviously, I'd recommend having a lot of water to drink since it will be hot and you will be outside for anywhere from 6-10 hours depending on when you arrive. Peeing shouldn't be a problem if you do your best to do so before it starts filling up. Otherwise, it's a real pain to get back to your spot.

I am thinking about going to buy one of those little chair things tonight. They only allow those goofy looking tiny ones, and the website says no blankets. That sucks.
Anyhow, I am excited. The guy I am dating voluntered to go early with me, I didn't even ask him, so that will be nice to have someone to wait with and hold my spot if I have to pee. SO EXCITED!!!
yelley79

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm
PostPost subject:

The Fayetteville show was so much fun!!!! Before Heartless Bastards came out Morgan came out and played a few "new" songs that she wanted to play...I guess there were about 4...they were pretty good...I could see Jenny standing backstage ans she was just smiling....you can tell she's so supportive of her friend!
The setlist was pretty much the same but she played Godspeed and not Trying My Best to Love You. You could tell she was having a great time. The venue is small and there weren't as many people there as there were in September...but she could feel the love from the crowd...Okay, I might have had a lot to drink and can't remember the exact setlist...but come on, I was with my closest friends and dancing & singing along to Jenny songs...(which she wanted us to sing along on several songs)!
After the show she came out and my friends and I got to talk to her for a while...she was totally sweet...I got a poster signed...We discussed how they didn't have anymore of the water bottles at the merch table and she said that she has "like 250 in my garage at home!" I didn't even ask to take her picture because the song Big Wave kinda leaves the impression that she doesn't want to take a "real quick picture with you."
Farmer Dave and Johnathan came out into the bar afterwards and chilled...Both pretty cool dudes....Farmer Dave is rad!!!
In all...the most fun I've had at a show...hands down! I hope everyone else has such a good time when they go and see her!
Kelley
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 pm
PostPost subject:

MORGAN! Jealous! Has she been opening many of these shows?

Ahhh I want recordings.
delia
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 pm
PostPost subject:

so jealous of everyone who got to see morgan!
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 pm
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
apexsensation wrote:
happyfish wrote:
Rilokileyfan21 wrote:

I am thinking about going to buy one of those little chair things tonight. They only allow those goofy looking tiny ones, and the website says no blankets. That sucks.
Anyhow, I am excited. The guy I am dating voluntered to go early with me, I didn't even ask him, so that will be nice to have someone to wait with and hold my spot if I have to pee. SO EXCITED!!!

Ooh, a chair! Good thinking. I should totally bring one of those. It sucks about the no blanket thing though. I think I'll being two jackets just in case.

It would be cool if I saw you two (happyfish and apexsensation). I'll definitely be in the front row, most likely wearing a white hoodie and tan pants. Wave if you see me. Smile

Also, I checked the website to see if they allow cameras and I couldn't find anything saying that if they did or not. Do you guys know if I can snap a few pictures? I sure hope so. I would love that!
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:56 pm
PostPost subject:

I am bringing my camera, which is not very fancy, and I think Jason is bringing a fancy camera. Whoo hoo! only a few short hours left!
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 pm
PostPost subject:

happyfish wrote:
I am bringing my camera, which is not very fancy, and I think Jason is bringing a fancy camera. Whoo hoo! only a few short hours left!

Cool. I'll being my camera then! Smile
Rilokileyfan21
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:55 am
PostPost subject:

I just got home from seeing Jenny! The show was really good. It was definately worth blowing off a week of work.

Happyfish, I'm pretty sure it was me you were waving to but I didn't want to be an idiot and wave at you when you were really waving at someone else. So I'm sorry for the half-assed wave I gave you. I also saw you, Apex! Gee, you're tall. It was pretty cool to actually see you guys in person. Too bad we didn't get to talk. I would have enjoyed it.

Anyway, at the end of the show, just before Jenny went backstage, some asshole was running like hell from one of the security guys and almost knocked me on my ass. My camera went flying out of my hand. Good thing I had the holding strap wrapped around my wrist or else I would have a broken camera right now. But my camera is safe. I came out of it with only a sore shoulder. Woot!

I bought two shirts. The pink one with Jenny on it and the purple Hot Damn shirt. I'm happy about those. After that, I hung around to see if I could find Jenny and maybe get a picture with her but I had no such luck. But The guy who plays the bass for her (I don't know his name) walked right past me. I also saw Johnathan Rice and I kind of followed him for a minute to see if he'd lead me to Jenny but he didn't. I'm sad that I didn't get to meet her but I'm sure I'll have another chance sometime.

I decided to leave after that. From what I heard when Bon Iver was doing their sound check, they're pretty good but by that time, my head was pounding and I just wanted to get home...so I skipped out on them. I'm gonna buy their cd though.

All in all, an awesome day. Smile

I'll post the pictures I took soon. They're pretty good ones if I do say so myself.

I just uploaded my pics to photobucket.com. Here they are.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/coaf/Jenny%20Lewis%20show%207-9-09/

There are also two videos there. 'You are what you love' and the very end where Barbara was going crazy on the drums. The sound sucks on both of them. I would have had a video for the last song she played but because of the asshole who knocked the camera out of my hand, the file had an error so I lost the footage. What a dick face.

Let me know what you think.
Lucyvers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:44 am
PostPost subject:

I need a password to enter. Wink
bassclari109
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 pm
PostPost subject:

Rilokileyfan21 wrote:
I also saw Johnathan Rice and I kind of followed him for a minute to see if he'd lead me to Jenny but he didn't.

Rolling Laugh that made me laugh. only because it would be funny if you like went backstage with him and they'd be like "uh, who are you?"
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm
PostPost subject:

Rilokileyfan21 wrote:
I just got home from seeing Jenny! The show was really good. It was definately worth blowing off a week of work.

Happyfish, I'm pretty sure it was me you were waving to but I didn't want to be an idiot and wave at you when you were really waving at someone else. So I'm sorry for the half-assed wave I gave you. I also saw you, Apex! Gee, you're tall. It was pretty cool to actually see you guys in person. Too bad we didn't get to talk. I would have enjoyed it.

Anyway, at the end of the show, just before Jenny went backstage, some asshole was running like hell from one of the security guys and almost knocked me on my ass. My camera went flying out of my hand. Good thing I had the holding strap wrapped around my wrist or else I would have a broken camera right now. But my camera is safe. I came out of it with only a sore shoulder. Woot!

I bought two shirts. The pink one with Jenny on it and the purple Hot Damn shirt. I'm happy about those. After that, I hung around to see if I could find Jenny and maybe get a picture with her but I had no such luck. But The guy who plays the bass for her (I don't know his name) walked right past me. I also saw Johnathan Rice and I kind of followed him for a minute to see if he'd lead me to Jenny but he didn't. I'm sad that I didn't get to meet her but I'm sure I'll have another chance sometime.

I decided to leave after that. From what I heard when Bon Iver was doing their sound check, they're pretty good but by that time, my head was pounding and I just wanted to get home...so I skipped out on them. I'm gonna buy their cd though.

All in all, an awesome day. Smile

I'll post the pictures I took soon. They're pretty good ones if I do say so myself.

I just uploaded my pics to photobucket.com. Here they are.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/coaf/Jenny%20Lewis%20show%207-9-09/

There are also two videos there. 'You are what you love' and the very end where Barbara was going crazy on the drums. The sound sucks on both of them. I would have had a video for the last song she played but because of the asshole who knocked the camera out of my hand, the file had an error so I lost the footage. What a dick face.

Let me know what you think.

It was you I was waving at! I was excited to see people from the boards there as well. I wanted to come over and say hi to you but I was really paranoid about losing my spot, ha ha. I got a bunch of great pictures as well...but I can't really take credit for them because the guy I am dating took most of them. Ha ha. Jason was standing next to me taking a lot of pictures, I can't wait to see them.
When that guy ran by, Jenny was laughing and seemed very amused. I took a great picture of her reaction, I haven't uploaded them yet though.
I think she dedicated "Born Secular" to Michael Jackson, but I couldn't make out exactly what she said.
I had the time of my life. It was worth showing up 3 and a half hours early to be that close to the stage.
I left the front after Jenny played as well, and I saw J Rice and Farmer Dave twice! I was too shy to say hi though, even though Rice looked me right in the eyes. Ha ha.
Good times. Bon Iver was great as well, but I couldn't really enjoy his set because there were so many drunk assholes there. But we kinda got treated to our own private Bon Iver show during the sound check anyway. ^_^
Great times, I am in a great mood today because of last night.

EDIT: oh, Rilokileyfan21 we can't see your photos they are password protected and i would love to see them!
RKnet Forum Index -> Jenny Lewis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: