rilokiley.net

Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

My Posts | My Messages | My Profile | Search | Memberlist

Really Goshdarn On (a thread in which to be boisterous)

RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeyfromthetombs
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:27 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm still fucking pissed at what occurred.

sawarmack.tumblr.com
apexsensation
The Shit
The Shit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:40 am
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:
Yeah, my stalking skills are pretty sharp. I've found old friends on myspace going back to first grade. Laughing
And a couple months ago, I found a girl I had a crush on 11 years ago.. we got to talking and actually went on a date. It was pretty surreal.

I've thought about tracking people down in a more in depth way, since just a handful of my friends from high school have easy to find MySpace pages, mainly by doing a high school search for the year they graduated. I'm sure there are a lot more out there that I lost touch with in grade school that have pages that either don't have their school info or later went to a school that I don't know of.

They've all gotta be there, you'd think, since almost everyone has some kind of a web profile.

I'm now on Facebook, and will probably add you if you ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
happyfish
Hot Shit
Hot Shit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:16 pm
PostPost subject:

i am angry. and annoyed. I have a new work computer, which was supposed to be better than my old one. but it's not. It won't play any videos, so I can watch youtube or tv online. It also won't play any music on myspace, so I can't even listen to that. Also, it likes to randomly shut down internet explorer for no apparant reason.
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:01 pm
PostPost subject:

honeyfromthetombs wrote:
I'm still fucking pissed at what occurred.

if you're talking about getting pm's that seemed to be gay-bashing, i'm still pissed, too. (if not, never mind. - and i apologize profusely to any of our gay brother and sister board members if they find this out of place or offensive in any way.)

actually i'm pissed either way, so be warned that this post will thus be VERY boisterous.

and i have to admit, much as it pains me to say this, that one of the things i'm most pissed about is the response on the board. while i salute all of the people who posted about how Sam was a favorite here and no one should be mean to him (and especially the one who said "who are they? let's kick their asses."), i was absolutely dismayed at the lack of response from the moderators, at least publicly. and i thought it was not just Sam, but all of our gay members who were owed an apology.

Rilo Kiley is a gay-friendly band: Jenny sings songs in a way where she could be talking to a man or woman, the audience at shows i saw in four different cities were full of gay couples, and "I Never" seems to be sort of an anthem for lesbian couples judging by the reaction at the shows. therefore i personally think that any website containing the name "Rilo Kiley" must be gay-friendly.

in the past there were instances of unfriendly language and finally (what i at least felt was) a really homophobic action, and several openly gay members left the site and never have come back. it seems other gay members may have closeted themselves here in response as well, honeyfromthetombs noted earlier it seemed he was the only one who talked about being gay here, maybe that's because other people saw the unfriendliness and lack of response to it and decided it was safer to not come out here. if so, THAT FUCKING SUCKS. (let me be clear, I respect their decision, i don't respect the homophobic actions that forced them to make it.)

this site should be a safe space for everybody, where they can come and know that if someone attacks them based on who they are, not what they say or do, that firm action will be taken against the perpetrators, and the site will send a message to everyone here that such behavior would not be tolerated.

i have to say, again regretfully, that based on the public reaction to Sam's being hassled, the site has failed to send such a message. Gav and L, i love you, but i think someone who represents the site needs to step up and publicly say gay-bashing of any kind will not be tolerated on this site (not trying to put all the responsibility on them, but i don't know Aus very well and i have no right to ask anything of shelma given our relationship). Now i will owe y'all a huge apology if you have taken stern action behind the scenes, and punished those who dared use a Rilo Kiley website for gay-bashing. and personally, i would like to know what happened. if the pm's were kept and did say that Sam should keep his "gay ass opinions" to himself, i can't imagine why they'd ever be allowed to post there again.

but even if strong action was taken behind the scenes, i feel it's critically important that something is said PUBLICLY, for two very important reasons: first, to obviously let others who might act so disgustingly to know it won't be tolerated. second to let our gay brothers and sisters here know that this is a safe and welcoming place.

one of the best things about a Rilo Kiley show is the welcoming and open feeling of love for everybody in attendance. rilokiley.net should be like that, too. and judging from the remarks made to Sam and the lack of any official response, i think it still has some work to do. can we please start now? and make this the gay-friendly site it HAS to be?

Last edited by cat-chaz on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gav
Gangsta Mack
Gangsta Mack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:22 am
PostPost subject:

We talked about it, Chaz. I asked the other mods if they knew the story so that we could deal with it. L said she PMed Sam to find out, but (last I heard) he didn't reply. We'd rather handle stuff like this thru PMs as opposed to thru posts that get everybody worked up and upset. Of course homophobic/racist/sexist/threatening junk shouldn't be posted (or PMed) here. If you've got an issue with someone, try to work it out with them privately. If that doesn't work, PM a mod.
thanks
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:22 pm
PostPost subject:

thanks Gav.
again, very sorry if i was offensive in my post. unfortunately i got more "boisterous" as i wrote. i appreciate any and all actions you've taken, and all the work the mods do for the site. i do think for the most outrageous situations, a public note (like the one you posted above) is helpful as well as your private efforts.
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:43 pm
PostPost subject:

I hate the stigma with alcohol.
Last night I just wanted a fucking gin and tonic. Just a delicious, citruscy beverage. Not to get drunk, but because they are delicious. But because it feels so weird to drink alone, I had to wait for my friend who then offered herself one (or two) and couldn't drink it as strong as it was (it was 2oz of gin and the rest of the glass filled with lime, ice and tonic. how is that strong?) and proceeded to finish off my tonic. She does this alot, without shame. She probably owes me a month worth of food and alcohol at this point.
Urgh, I just want to sit down and enjoy a drink.
L

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 pm
PostPost subject:

Gav wrote:
We talked about it, Chaz. I asked the other mods if they knew the story so that we could deal with it. L said she PMed Sam to find out, but (last I heard) he didn't reply. We'd rather handle stuff like this thru PMs as opposed to thru posts that get everybody worked up and upset. Of course homophobic/racist/sexist/threatening junk shouldn't be posted (or PMed) here. If you've got an issue with someone, try to work it out with them privately. If that doesn't work, PM a mod.
thanks

Yeah- I never got a reply.

I would hope that everyone knows that this is a place where we don't hate on each other, anyhow. Or at least, where we try to - I know tempers can get heated and I'm pretty annoyed here and there myself- but for the most part, we're a community of friends, right?

Rilo Kiley Net is still about the love.
cat-chaz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:09 pm
PostPost subject:

thanks L, as always.
thenewcharming
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 pm
PostPost subject:

i've decided that this belongs in the goshdarn boisterous thread. i really just need to let off some steam.

hooookay andddd... go: i honestly dont understand how the fuck you could say that. i was gonna let it alone, especially since if i had followed my own rules i wouldnt have even SEEN it or been aware of it, but over the past few days ill just be around doing whatever and whoooops! ill start thinking about it. and everytime i think about it i get ANGRIER and ANGRIER. and i have no idea what i should do since i dont wanna be that douche that brings up old arguments that have already settled but i also dont wanna be that douche that just throws away everything that he believes in for the common calm.

i think it should have been up to him to have stood up for himself, and im a little mad at him that he didnt, but i understand that he just didnt want a fight and that he didnt wanna escalate it. but some things have to be fucking escalated. what you said was completely inappropriate and offensive- not just to him but to anyone that was watching. and i'm FUCKING pissed.

for the most part i'm a pretty laid back guy. i dont really care what happens as long as everythings cool and people are for the most part happy. i dont mind putting concern for my own well-being in the backseat. that said, it takes a wholllllle lot to get me worked up at all. but right now i'm REALLLLLY worked up over this. i'm really not a person that you want mad at you. i know that you wont apologize whether or not i call you out on it. so watch yourself. not in a scary threatening sense, just in a sense that i'm not taking your bullshit anymore.

and you know what, don't call me Pammy. (sorry, i thought that office reference was a good closer.)

jesus. i just re-read that and i sound fucking scary. if it wasnt me that just wrote that, id be hiding under my bed.
lostunipine
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 pm
PostPost subject:

i desperately need this money soon. seriously. im starting to lose my desire to write already. i did what emily suggested by starting a livejournel, but a laptop would be so much more convinent. it would let me be able to write at camp, in my room, on my porch in the sun, in the park, wherever i get inspiration or the need to write. i would love it like a child, never let it out of my sight or let it get damaged in anyway. ohh man, i would worship it. i have my heart set on it, theres no turning back. this one laptop at a nearby computer store has one on sale. its a perfect one for me. its basically used for word proccessing, but gets internet, too. i just dont know what to do to get the money. i would probably do anything now. except for prostatution. even though i absolutly hate kids, im truly starting to sink to an all-time low for me. babysitting? my last resort.
hyphen812
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:51 am
PostPost subject:

COLLEGE BOARD CAN SUCK IT. I forgot to register two more schools to send my SAT scores to and the deadline was Tuesday. I didn't know that meant 12:01am Tuesday!! Fuckers. So now I've basically lost out on $20 for no reason. Cheapos.
jennyinthegraveyard
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 am
PostPost subject:

people are fucking douchebags. and i don't have enough money to move out, even with 2 room mates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
honeyfromthetombs
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:51 pm
PostPost subject:

fuck beth.

I'm sick of being the bad guy because I refuse to cut her any slack on the fact that she's allowed herself to become the victim in all things.

And she's going to judge me, after all these years, and all of a sudden the fact that I'm gay is going to bug her and make her ashamed to be in my presence?

fuck. you. beth.

sawarmack.tumblr.com
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:00 pm
PostPost subject:

honeyfromthetombs wrote:
fuck beth.

I'm sick of being the bad guy because I refuse to cut her any slack on the fact that she's allowed herself to become the victim in all things.

And she's going to judge me, after all these years, and all of a sudden the fact that I'm gay is going to bug her and make her ashamed to be in my presence?

fuck. you. beth.

at first i totally thought you were talking about me and I was sad.
honeyfromthetombs
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:03 pm
PostPost subject:

maxticket wrote:
honeyfromthetombs wrote:
fuck beth.

fuck. you. beth.

at first i totally thought you were talking about me and I was sad.

yeah when I posted that I wondered if I should clarify on the the beth-personage, cause I loaf jew beth!

sawarmack.tumblr.com
lostunipine
Top Poster
Top Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:17 pm
PostPost subject:

summer school.
its our second day and we have a project due tomorrow.
ugh.
we had a quiz today (i wasnt there yesterday so i didnt have notes and stuff) and we have a quiz tomorrow. chances are, therell be one everyday. the class is only 10 days. its a class for next year, im just getting it out of the way. stupid health. >:[
ienvythephotons
all-around quality person

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:24 pm
PostPost subject:

lostunipine wrote:
summer school.
its our second day and we have a project due tomorrow.
ugh.
we had a quiz today (i wasnt there yesterday so i didnt have notes and stuff) and we have a quiz tomorrow. chances are, therell be one everyday. the class is only 10 days. its a class for next year, im just getting it out of the way. stupid health. >:[

I'm definitley in summer gym for two semesters. goddamn graduation requirements, and goddamn me being lazy and not taking it before junior year. and goddamn bobbyT yelling in my ear to run faster. 2 down and 13 more to go. then another 15.
shelma
Initial Friend
Initial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:52 pm
PostPost subject:

I am angry because I had to fill out an assload of paperwork in order to be considered a California resident by UCLA's registrar.

EVEN THOUGH...I've only been out of California once in my life for about four days...to ARIZONA. All thanks, of course, to my momma who decided to move to Texas way back when.
maxticket
Baby Stabber
Baby Stabber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 am
PostPost subject:

christ on a stick you are the most annoying person ever.
You are all those kids we shrugged off leaving high school wrapped into one, but that baffles me beyond belief is that my friends continue to to fucking invite you places. I know your ex is awesome, and you guys are like best friends and all, but dude, you aren't invited places because we like you.

Honest to god, let me map out this conclusion this kid drew tonight.
A week or so ago I got piss ass drunk (not intentionally and it really sucked) and I guess I told one of my good friends that she should marry her boyfriend and that he's a cutie. For the record, and correct me if this is something only I do, but most of the time when girls refer to a guy as a cutie it's not a "i want his junk" kind of thing but more of him just being a good, nice guy kind of thing. Like adorable.
From this, he decided that a) girls are far more shallow than guys and b) girls get married for vanity.
Hey guys, guess what?! My drunken ramblings define and entire gender! Who knew I was that influential!

Every time I'm around this kid this kind of stuff is the majority of what comes out of his mouth. Even when he's saying other things, it's rarely if ever positive. I'm a cynic and I'll be the first one to admit it, but I would never say that kind of shit to my friends and if I get the sense that they are taking my joke the wrong way I will take them time to discuss it with them and stop. He just don't give a shit.
My friend who I actually met him through had to seek him out and have a sit down conversation with him because he would like taunt her for leaving a party "early" when it was close to four am on a week night. I was there when she first tried to confront him, he was a total ass. Tonight really pissed me off because it's my good friend's last night in town and she's moving 3 hours away next year. She also hates him. I don't see why he had to bring this shit to the party tonight.
honeyfromthetombs
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:21 pm
PostPost subject:

I can't believe he shook my hand.

I mean wtf?

after everything we've been through together and as long as we've known each other... he SHOOK MY HAND, and then tried correcting it by giving me a hug... like... wow, wtmff?

sawarmack.tumblr.com
HeallateR
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
jennyinthegraveyard
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:33 am
PostPost subject:

there's this other forum i post on, the something awful forums, one of which is called "fyad" (fuck you and die) where you can flame, etc. however, it seems that they've taken an extra liking to posting pictures of me from facebook (i'm not friend with any of them so i don't know how) and talking about how gross, fat, etc. i am. like, it's kind of annoying, but at the same time, i'm more bewildered by how it hasn't gotten old yet.

and now one of the mods is deleting my occasional "lol" at what they're saying. sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heather
Posting Machine
Posting Machine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:41 am
PostPost subject:

What did you do to elicit this hostility?
jennyinthegraveyard
Cool Kid
Cool Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:47 am
PostPost subject:

heatherbee wrote:
What did you do to elicit this hostility?

apparently "be unfunny and ugly". and refuse to post my tits.
RKnet Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 3 of 53
Jump to: